Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best anti-frizz/shine spray?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Endlessnight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endlessnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best anti-frizz/shine spray?
    Posted: August 08 2003 at 2:23am
I am looking for the best, but least expensive, shine spray on the market. Something which calms frizz but does not leave the hair feeling "coated". Currently I am using Pro V Extreme Shine special effects, which is only ok. If you spray too much the hair is just a bit too oily, not enough & there are too many frizzy ends sticking up. Any suggestion??

Thanks in advance,
EN
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2003 at 8:51am
If you want something light yet shine-enhancing, I suggest trying a purely silicone-based spray with no extra conditioning agents added. Such additives are great for extremely dry/coarse hair but as you pointed out, can leave hair feeling a little slick. Virtually all silicone sprays are the same, usually containing a mixture of phenyl trimethicone and cyclomethicone. I use Volumizer brand spray at Sally Beauty and Jheri Reddi Professional RX Mica Spray. They are nearly identical in composition and are less than $5.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Endlessnite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endlessnite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2003 at 3:29am
Thank you, Lyris! I think I will try the J Rhedding one. I was at Sally''''''''s today & purchased a ceramic flat iron, but have not tried it yet. (Jilbere de Paris-any comments on this brand? I wanted the CHI or HAI, but cannot afford that at the moment..)

BR,
EN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic