Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dark brown to light brown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
afknapp77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afknapp77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dark brown to light brown
    Posted: November 01 2004 at 11:06am
I went and had my hair colored to a dark brown with a few blonde high lights on top and I hate it. Its been a couple weeks and it hasnt faded much. I would really like to be a lighter brown but so afraid it will turn out horrish. So any advice how to go about this???
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 12:32pm
Don't put any more dye on your hair -- dye won't lift the darker brown colour. It will just damage your hair and could result in some pretty funky (and darker) colours. Can you afford to go to a pro? That is your safest option.

What you'll need is a colour remover (i.e. ColorFix) to get out the dark brown and probably bleaching to an even tone afterwards. (Time the bleaching carefully. Overbleaching the previously highlighted areas could result in breakage.) Then, you can dye it to your desired light brown shade. If you decide to do this at home, make sure you do test strands before you put any colour on your hair.

I really think it is best to get a pro who specializes in colour correction to do all of this stuff for you, though.

Good luck.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic