Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tell us about your favorite outfit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tell us about your favorite outfit
    Posted: June 08 2003 at 10:33pm
What is your favorite outfit? We are all hair people, so I wonder if we will all have similar tastes.

My favorite thing to wear is a navy blue sundress with princess seaming that I bought at a shop near the beach. It is lightly batiked and has moons and stars on it, but not TOO many. Just here and there. It has pockets, too! It's just perfection. It has spaghetti straps and a zipper in the back and I just put it on, slip my Birkenstocks on, and go! Unfortunately, I must wear a strapless boobtray underneath, but that's OK.

I've had it for years, and it's still one of my favorites. Can't wait for it to warm up so I can wear it!! It's June, dammit!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 10:48pm
i like a tank top and jeans with boots. or a baby tee with my fake leather pants. and a leather jacket if it's cold. i love capris too with tank a baby tee with sandles. i could go on and on...
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 10:56pm
That's easy!!! Wearing nothing!!!.
Just kidding-(or am I?)-.
Seriously, I love wearing a little black dress, straps or strapless......and maybe a chiffon neckscarf, gold dangle earrings and diamond or gold nosestuds to go with it......And black high heels.
For causal wear, jeans and a halter top.
tina
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 11:24pm
Black dress
Black leather jacket
Black leather ankle boots (lace-ups)
Small back-pack with all my gear in it
"Diana the Huntress" silver pendant round my neck

Then the girl is ready to go!!

Uzi

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 7:31am
The fashion board is HERE at long last! Thanks Traci for moderating it...you will do a great job...and thanks to Karen and Jeff for bringing it to all the fashionistas here!

My favorite outfit is one that I've only worn twice and the last time was four years ago in high school. I was the emcee of our local variety show and I picked out the most amazing blue-green pagaent dress for the two-night show. It was fully beaded and VERY heavy (I swear I burned off dinner just standing upright in that thing.) It fit perfectly and to this day I haven't found any article of clothing that makes me feel as powerful. Although the tee shirt that says LONDON across the front comes close, due to my obsession with that beautiful city to which I long to return...

But anyway, I have a PICTURE of this beloved dress (which is in storage but waiting for a political dinner or fundraiser in my future.) Here's the link:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/210233/updo.jpg

You can only see the top but it gives you an idea of what it's like. I originally posted this picture for help on achieving the big loose tendrils in my hair, but it can do double duty, why not?

Again, great new board. Thanks to all who made it possible!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:35am
this is going to soud crazy but my wedding dress! i love it. the back ties really cute. i want to say my vows again just to wear the dress again LOL.
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 5:03pm
A black stretch velvet turtleneck dress that I bought from Victoria's Secret years ago. I wear it everywhere. It packs well. It's elegant, goes just about everywhere and looks great with many of my shoes, boots and accessories. It hasn't popped a seam even though I've gained weight, washes like a dream, and is warm, which is a good thing for a NW Indiana winter.

Jean
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 5:16pm
my fav outfit is baggy black pants, lace up knee boots a tiny white tee shirt v neck and a black hoodie with my hair up in a messy bun , big hoop earings and dark black sunglasses.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 1:21am
Hey Christina

That sounds like a great look.
Might try some aspects of it.......

Tina M - I'm right with you, girl.
I love being in my birthday suit (in remote outdoor places). "Au naturel" is the best!!!!
Uzi

Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

Hey Christina

That sounds like a great look.
Might try some aspects of it.......

Tina M - I'm right with you, girl.
I love being in my birthday suit (in remote outdoor places). "Au naturel" is the best!!!!

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 8:24pm
All of you ladies have great ideas!
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 8:25pm
I almost forgot to mention.
One other thing I LOVE to wear,-(at home that is)-,.......... lingerie!
tina
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 4:02pm
I don't really like the way I look in most things anymore (middle age spread is taking over) but I had two outfits in the early '90s that I really loved wearing. One, for clubbing, was a black Madonna-type bustier with huge sparkling stones on it, a matching short jacket with huge shoulder pads, tight black mini skirt, and black patten stillettos. In retrospect I must have looked rather like a hooker but I got a huge amount of attention and for a late thirty-something that was fun. For more sedate occasions I had a silk, one piece shorts thing that again had huge shoulder pads and lots of bright color in the top. I had multi color shoes to match and thought I really looked hot. I shudder to think now...
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 6:08pm
I hope those huge shoulder pads never come back into fashion, because I refuse to wear them and will look decidedly unfashionable!
sweetxcalamity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetxcalamity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 3:13am
I guess I'm a youngin' on the boards and my style is probably more extreme most of the time... but I love comfort. I have this one pair of jeans that I wear constantly. They stretch and fit so well. They have a hole in the knee that I got from falling. I usually wear the classic Chuck Taylors with tube socks. As far as shirts go it's usually a fitted band T with maybe sheer black sleeves underneath.

I'm a big DIY person so I'm always cutting up clothes and reconstructing things.

My clothes say alot about me. :)
-Meghan-
schizophonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schizophonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 2:19pm
Good topic

I'm really into the 'classic' style with funky/vintage accessories. That's why my favorite outfit is a great fitting pair of black trousers, a simple white button-up shirt, my wonderful denim jacket (can wear with most of my things); and a little something extra with it, like a funky bag, or an unusual jewelry piece (whether I made it myself or found it at a thrift/vintage shop ). Not to forget an excellent pair of black boots or sandals.

Unfortunately, I can't really wear this outfit right now because it's so hot outside! Guess I'll just have to wait till fall...
Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Christina Christina wrote:

my fav outfit is baggy black pants, lace up knee boots a tiny white tee shirt v neck and a black hoodie with my hair up in a messy bun , big hoop earings and dark black sunglasses.

I adore you.

Mine's a pair of oversized and worn out jeans and a guy's black button up short-sleeved shirt with maybe two buttons actually buttoned, a black choker, silver hoop earrings, and hair up in a ponytail.
GadgetMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 2:34pm
My favorite outfit is a pair of black loose cotton satin pants with a bright blue spaghetti strap top underneath, this amazing black short, cotton, completely skin tight jacket I managed to find somewhere. It has a collar that zips all the way up, but can also fold down. It looks like something from a movie wardrobe.
Then I finish everything off with mid-calf black patent leather boots with comma heels, a swatch watch (I'm a collector....yes, I know, it's not quite retro yet) my crystal star shaped pendant and one hoop earring with a captive hematite star.
People always tell me I look like a pirate with the earring.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 10:27pm
Sounds awesome, Gadget! Love to see a pic!

What are comma heels?

I love Swatchs too. They're making a comeback! They just opened a big store in the center of Times Square (a very risky move) and it's booming whenever I go by, which is just about every day on the bus... I always peek in as we go by. Which is real easy since the bus always creeps at a snail's pace through Times Square. But I digress.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
GadgetMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 10:13am
Comma heels are skinny (usually square heels in the shape of a comma. Sometimes they're really exagerated.
That's cool with the Swatch store. I'll have to visit next time I go to NYC. My mom and I are both collectors actually, so I'll have to tell her about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic