Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Knowing WHEN To Keep Your Big Mouth Shut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knowing WHEN To Keep Your Big Mouth Shut
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
My hairdresser and I have been friends for over 8 years now. She is one of those rare finds that when you tell her to only cut your hair 1/2" she cuts it 1/2" so I totally trust her and her judgment. One day she was running just a bit behind schedule so after she finished washing and conditioning my hair - which was down to my rear end - I told her no problem that I would comb out the tangles. We kind of half-heartidly made a joke about her being able to cut my hair where she found the first tangle and I was so sure there would be none that I told her you have a deal. (With stipulations of course -like she couldn't cut my hair up to my ears and she couldn't cause the tangles by messing w/ my hair... there was a limit too like not above my shoulders and so forth) Wrong move ! She went back to finish her other client and I began de-tangling. My hair was tangle free and her other client had left so I moved over to her station. Well somehow in this moving my hair must have jostled just enough to become slightly tangled again and when she began combing through my hair -- it happened -- she hit a snag. Our eyes kind of locked on each other in the mirror and she kind of gave me the benefit of the doubt but when she hit another snarl I made a face and said go ahead, a deal is a deal. I'm sure she was totally shocked and she double checked w/ me to be sure then out came the scissors.. Next thing I knew she was handing me this batch of hair about 8" long and asking should I go on?Ultimately my hair ended up at about my shoulder blades and I did like it. It was time for a change but I will never make a bet with her again. My friend now uses my story with her two young daughters to remind them to really brush their hair well or else we cut where the tangles are !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic