Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my stupid bangs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lis Vargas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lis Vargas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my stupid bangs
    Posted: March 13 2001 at 11:36pm
Ok. The thing is, is that I have bangs now that I did not want because I was stupid enough to listen to my sister. Her hair looks really nice- a couple of inches past her shoulders with blond streaks and bangs. She cuts her own bangs, so one day I wondered aloud how I would look with bangs. Needless to say, it wasn`t a complete disaster but now I look like a DORK!!! I`d been waiting forever to grow out my hair (the rest of which is coming along rater nice- falls to my shoulders, a little wavy) and now I have to deal with growing out my bangs again. The only problem is that they are about 1/2 in. above my eyebrows and I want to do something about them. I try to slick them back but they spike up so i look like some hick with a bad layering job. When I just comb them normal, I look like a kid who goes to school all mad becaouse her mom gave her a stupid hair cut. Does anyoune have any better suggestions on hiding them while I attempt to grow them out again?
lis
ed View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2001 at 11:52am
bangs !!!!!!!! i love em
i bet they look wonderful on you
bangs are thr cutest thing any girl can do to her hair
id love to see em---ed
are they cut thick, thin straight wispy???/
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2001 at 5:55pm
If you can`t get them to do anything, maybe they need to be reshaped by a professional stylist. A stylist might be able to do something to help you deal with them right now without cutting them any shorter. I would at least get a consultation. You might be surprized.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
lesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2001 at 8:14pm
Lis,

Like your sister, who looks so great, try some light to dark streaking on the bangs.

I`ve turn many a client from kid-like to chic and hip with short, streaked bangs.

In the NY area, I`d be happy to do gratis.

Good luck
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2001 at 12:26am
Reply to message: 7.892.1
Lis, short bangs are so sexy, I think you probley look great with bangs. They look best straight and combed down like a school girl. I agree that you should try getting streaks like your sister, and possibley she a consultant and ask for advice.
DancerGirlFive View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DancerGirlFive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2001 at 9:32pm
If you want streaks but you don`t know if you`d like them I`d recommend hair mascara. DancerGirlFive
Shortqt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2001 at 5:17pm
About your bangs...I once had bangs when they were in. I know they look great on some people but not on you I guess! Heres what I did when I didn`t want my bangs any more. I started putting my hair in ponytails and hairspraying my bangs back into the pontail. Or wear a head band with your bangs back. Once your bangs reach about the middle of your head sparyed down then you can just use hair clips to hold them down. Happily today my bangs are the same length as my hair and truthfully it didn`t take that long. I hope everything works out for you!
SingingBeauty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SingingBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2001 at 12:27pm
Hey...didn`t you see Angelina Joliee in "Girl, Interupted"? Those short bangs were hot! rock on with your bad self girl. Put some cool streaks in your hair - that would do the trick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic