Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please read!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shortqt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please read!!!!!!!
    Posted: June 27 2001 at 8:26pm
I have very long hair that is 3 inches from my butt. Its not layered but it very pretty and I love it. It took me forever to grow out my hair but know I have noticed that everyone has cute short layered hair that is flipped out and styled very cool. I have been thinking about cutting my hair shoulder length and layers or keeping my long hair and getting layers or just leaving my hair. I want something new and cute before school starts so people will notice my great hair that they nver see cause its always in a ponytail! (boring!!)Can someone help me with my beauty hidden hair?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2001 at 8:33pm
Reply to message: 7.991.1
If you always have a ponytail, then skip the ponytail and try braids or buns or wear it loose. You can`t go wrong with any of these looks! And if you want to "stand out," keeping your hair will distinguish you from the shorn hordes. Visit the long hair support board on this website too, the people there are very friendly and helpful. Hope this helps!
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2001 at 5:09am
Hi,
Your hair sounds amazingly beautiful and far too amazing to cut off. While most of the girls around you might be cutting their hair, that just means that you are even more special, with your wonderful long hair. There are a million different styles you could try. I would suggest that you look at a couple of websites, The Long Hair Site www.thls.org and Longhairlovers www.longhairlovers.com. There is lots of styling advice at each of them plus a messageboard with which you can ask many other long haired women to help with suggestions.

Before you do anything rash and cut your hair, if you would like to email me and talk some more about it, please feel free to do so. My email is johnrm@origin.net.au, I am mroe than willing to help you with your hair and save it from the scissors.

Best wishes,

John
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2001 at 12:07pm
Man, Gmoney and Dave Decker are right on! You have real special hair, and there is no reason to cut it. I bet ythat if you did, you`d be noticed even less among the battalions of conformists who chop. Wear it down, and its beauty will be noticed. Wear it in braids or various updos - the opportiunities are endless. People will
probably notice you then.

Otherwise, I have little good to say about this new trend of "layering" girls` hair. It makes long hair sharp, messy, and difficult to take care of, and bobbed hair androgynous and again, messy. I like seeing girls with
classic hair - long or neatly bobbed
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2001 at 1:26pm
Shortqt,

While I bet it is beautiful long, you do what you want to do. You have to deal with your hair every day and only you can be happy with it. If you think you want to try something shorter, go for it. It is hair, it will grow back. While I am more partial to shorter hair, I am not telling you to cut it. I am just saying that you should do what YOU want to. It is obvious you have been thinking about it or you wouldn`t have posted the message. Please let us know what you are thinking now. I only want to help. Thanks, Brian
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2001 at 9:25pm
shortqt, I my self am partial to short hair, you say you love your hair. If you do love your hairwhy would you consider cutting it. Why don`t you try doing differnt things like putting your hair in pig tails or like it was suggested by some one else try braids, get a sprial perm, curls are so sexy. Do you have bangs, if not try cutting them real short it will contrast with your long hair and enhance your eyes. You could get some short layers like Samala Heyack used to have. If you still after that are not happy then as last resort shorten your hair. Just do what will make you happy and no one else, not even a boyfriend, or you will regret it. Good luck and let us know what you do. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic