Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlighting for FREE!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shortqt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlighting for FREE!!!!!!
    Posted: July 02 2001 at 5:23pm
I recently wanted a few cute blonde streaks in my hair to make my hair a lil cuter. I didn`t have any money so I put streaks of lemon juice in my hair and sat in the sun. The next day people thought I got them professionally done! After those fade out I am going to try A light yellow Kool-Aid* for my hair. They fade and wahs out after a few weeks. Try it!
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 9:02pm
first think about the koolaid thing. i have used lemon juice in my hair several times, always with a good turn out. if i wanted the streaks/highlighting back, i just re-applied the lemon juice, and either sat in the sun, or used a blow dryer on medium heat if it was winter. koolaid on the other hand....first what is your natural color? if you have brown hair (or really any shade thats not a blonde) it might come out uneven. and when it fades, it wont fade all together, some places will be lighter/darker then others. and god for bid you have any red in your hair, or you might turn out orange. please think about the koolaid thing. while it might be cheap, its not all its cracked up to be. plus, if you want highlights that last awhile, your local kmart has feria brush on highlighting kits for 6.99. its not expensive, its really easy, it didnt do any damage to my hair, and if you dont have the money, check around the house, im sure you can find 7 dollars in change somewhere.
cutie3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutie3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2001 at 5:31pm
Reply to message: 7.1016.1
does lemon juice work in dark brown or black hair? or do you think it would trun my hair to a ugly color??
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2001 at 10:37pm
lemon juice should only be used when your hair color is already a shade of blonde or light to medium blonde. as far as i know lemon juice enhances the lighter natural highlights of your hair, kinda like sun-in. i might be wrong but i saw it on this tv program where the stylist was using lemon juice for highlights. in my honest opinion i dont think you`d get blonde highlights, they would probably be more red or orange
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2004 at 8:39pm
i have heard chamomile works too
Lil Latina05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Latina05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:52pm
I have tried lemon juice on dark brown hair and it gave me these reddish highlights...they looked really natural and nice
rbober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 10:11am

I have dark blonde/light brown hair.  I grew up using lemon juice for highlights.  It gave me the most beautiful mixed golden blonde highlights. Just make sure to condition well after, it can dry out your hair. :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic