Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I NEED HELP SOOOOO BAD!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I NEED HELP SOOOOO BAD!!!!
    Posted: October 06 2001 at 4:43am
Someone please help me.
My hair is shoulder length and wavy and usually silky. I have been using a straightening iron and blowdrier everyday for the past few months however.
Once I started I couldn`t stop!
I didn`t realise how bad my hair had gotten until my friend pointed out that it felt "crispy".
It is all frizz, no curl, dry, crunchy or crispy or whatever, and really just downright ugly. I`ve tried treatments but to not much avail. I use hot oil on my hair as often as I can.
If anyone knows anything or has been in the same situation PLEASE give some (good) advice.
Love Catherine
rdsvgf View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdsvgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2001 at 2:40pm
cut it short
Michelle766 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2001 at 4:26pm
You may need to let it growout to get your silky hair back. Try some hot oil treatments, but after you have fried your hair you can only do so much. Just keep cutting off your ends until your new hair has grown out
glitterjess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glitterjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2001 at 1:18pm
Deep condition! It seriously helps. Stop with the flatiron and blowdryer! Also get a few inches cut off (believe me it will look alot better)
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2001 at 5:04am
Reply to message: 7.1230.1
Thanks guys for all your suggestions - I have cut a few inches off my hair and I use Marc Daniels Protein Treatment (Australian) once a week. It is fantastic and I have almost restored my hair fully.
BUT I WANT STRAIGHT HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW CAN I HAVE STRAIGHTH HAIR WITHOUT IT BEING GROSS??????????
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2001 at 8:40am
Reply to message: 7.1231.1
I know this is not what you want to hear but maybe you should try to live with what nature gave you. Otherwise, you spend lots of time on a look that is going to damage your hair. Believe me, it isn`t worth it. Go to a good stylist and get a cut that will work with your natural texture and you will be happier in the long run.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2001 at 8:45pm
Reply to message: 7.1233.1
Deep down I know you are right.
But I look real ugly with curls, and I look SO much prettier with straight hair, and I need all the help I can get.
BUT, you are right. I hate to admit it.
My condolences go out to all people with curly hair who want straight hair.....WWWWHHHHYYYYYY?????????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic