Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color catastrophe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wendy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color catastrophe
    Posted: October 15 2001 at 8:38pm
Here is the deal. I went to my hairstylist/colorist on Fri Oct. 5 to have my hair which had been previously highlighted with shades e q about 8 months ago rehighlighted. My hair is naturally a dark blonde with a tendancy to pick up red. Anyway, she did not lift the highlights enough and the color went brassy. I went back in and asked if we could just go ahead and do a light brown so I don`t have to mess with the roots anymore. She put on Shades e q in Brandy which come to find out has a red tone to it. My hair ended up being almost black with purple hightlights. Next day went back in to see another stylist that was trained in color by Revlon. She stripped the color out of my hair and all the dark brown/black is gone. She then puton a solution to cut the red out some. It did some but my hair is still completely red. Hate it. Tommorow I am going back. I have been babying my hair for a few days and she did lots of conditioning. I am thinking of just dying over in a light/med brown color or should I just keep trying to get the red cut out with the solution. I hate the color and have lost 4 pounds in just a few days from the stress. Please Help. My hair is shoulder length and I just want to get back close to my natural color and leave it alone!!!
Wendy M
kmr View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2001 at 3:22am
Oh boy, can I relate! I have kind of the same problem my hair is way to brassy red and this is the second dye job. The girl totally burnt my scalp and tomorrow I am going to the best salon in town to have them look at it. I would switch stylists if I was you. I would also start using a protein pack like Panthenol Elastin by LANGE. The more you wash it the more it will tone down, but if yours is like mine, nothing will tone it down. I have learned the hard way that a good colorist is hard to find! Good luck to you.
bb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2001 at 6:09am
First of all violet base takes out red..(Sometimes) I was told that and when my hair dresser tried it helped some but not enough. So I went dark you could go about a 6n and it will be med brown depending on your color now. Remeber it`s like mixing crayons. red/yellow make brown. For me I went dark then you can run some blonde streaks thru a cap to help lighten up or wash hair a couple times with clarifying shampoo to fade out a little. I like Matrix colors best///
Wendy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2001 at 12:34pm
This is an update. I went two weeks ago and had a semi permanant put on with the violet undertones. It did cover somewhat but, now is beginning to lighten. It was a light to med brown. The red is toning down somewhat and is looking golden a little on top. I may go back in to have another semi put on in the same color as before. I just hope my hair will hold the color. I thought if I can stand it one more week. I will wait and see what happens to it since the red seems to be fading out somewhat. Anyway, that`s the scoop for now.
Wendy M
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic