Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tatiana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tatiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help!
    Posted: October 21 2001 at 12:23pm
ok I have medium brown hair and its always puffy and wavy and frizzy all i want is for it to be straight but my mom wont let me chemically staraighten it because she says it will burn my hair and it will fall out an wen i straighten my hair with a blowdryer and an iron it stays straight for like half an hour then it goes back to being wavy! I really want staright hair but i dont kno what to do! My hair is really brittle too do u guys have any suggestions on what to do with my hair?
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2001 at 2:15pm
Reply to message: 7.1250.1
Your mother has a point. Chemical straighteners can really damage your hair and since it is already brittle, I wouldn`t recommend it. It is also not a good idea to use straightening irons and hot blowdryers on your hair very often because they will dry your hair out. If you really want a straight look, you can use very large rollers (Mesh or magnetic are the best. I prefer mesh because the hair dries faster.) and roll each section of hair up in them and then let it dry naturally. This method works well and is probably the least harsh to the hair but it takes longer. The rollers will also tend to curl up the ends of the hair slightly, but if that is not the look you desire you could use a round brush and blow dry them straight. I suggest you finish off with a hair wax or polish to protect the hair and make it look shiny. For brittle hair, I highly recommend Monoi oil to help put the moisture back in your hair. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic