Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair color help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
donna walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donna walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair color help
    Posted: November 23 2001 at 2:55am
i bleached and toned my hair about three months ago. not having any touch ups, i ended up with a fair amount of dark roots. so i used loreal blonde supreme, which says it is the lightest blonding in one step. I put this on all over, hoping that my hair would be all the same color, and get rid of some lingering slightly orange-y hair. what i ended up with was blonde for the most part, but my bangs and in other places, the hair looks grey. Is this because all the pigment was removed? I can`t afford a salon fix, so i need to know how to fix this at home. would a semi-permanent hair color work? I know that blonde shades lift color, and i think that is the problem here. i guess there was too much lifting, so now, what? deposit color only? i would like the advice of a professional, if that is possible. thank you. Donna Walker
donna walker
Kristene View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2001 at 3:08pm
Reply to message: 7.1296.1
The same type of thing happened to me and i used clairol semi permanent color, it worked really well
bge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2002 at 3:03pm
you didn`t say what your natural haircolor is so it`s a little difficult to help you

L`Oreal Blonde Supreme haircolor is designed to lighten the hair 3 levels, and I believe is only recommened for hair that is dark blonde or light brown. If your hair is darker than that, that could be part of the problem.

The ends of your hair are too gray-too ash looking because you`ve applied a color over top of your hair that has already been significantly lightened.

If you read the directions on Blonde Supreme, or any other of L`Oreal haircolor that is generally very light blonde or lighter, it will specifically say not to reapply the color to the entire hair but to the regrowth only.

They advise this in order to avoid exactly what happened to you - ends that are too flat, gray or too ash looking.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic