Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

want it back to natural colour!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want it back to natural colour!
    Posted: April 05 2002 at 11:06am
i wanted light brown streaks in my dark brown hair, and its like light chunks at the top then it alllll blends together. it looks horrible and too light! its kiond of blonde! and im half chinese so it looks horrible! how long should i wait until i dye it back a dark brown? beacuse i dont want to mess it up again! PLEASE HELP ME!
Madge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2002 at 10:23am
It shouldn`t be too much of a problem to dye it back. It`s only when you have dyed your hair darker than your natural color and you have to bleach out the old color that you end up with a mess. Because you are just depositing brown color on top on the highlights and not actually stripping the old color out, it shouldn`t damage your hair too much. I had highlights and dyed my hair back to dark brown and it turned out fine.
Nicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2002 at 9:34am
I am going through the same thing. My hairdresser just doesn`t seem to want to listen to me! I had ridicoulously blonde partial highlights put in in June 2001. THe last time I went to the salon my hairdresser put toner on, which turned the blonde parts in my hair a dull grey colour!! I would like to get my hair back to my dark, shiny brown but am afraid that the next hairdresser I go to will just do what they want!
Jessok View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2002 at 4:49pm
Just make sure you`re careful & get it professionaly dyed back. I dyed over blonde highlights (the rest of my hair was a light brown) & my hair turned pink...& since there was quite a bit of blonde, it looked like ALL of my hair was pink. I had to go to work that day too. :) Man was that bad. Great conversation piece though! So, unless you`re trying to look like Kelly Osbourne then go to a salon.

Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic