Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

damn hairdressers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OnlyME15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyME15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damn hairdressers
    Posted: July 09 2002 at 3:22pm
just read all the awful stories what could happen if you let a stylist take care of your hair.
I always thougt it was better to do it all at home, I meen cutting and color it. Never went to a hairdresser in all my long tihi life( I am 15), and my hair is good.At least you have you self to blame, not the poor hairdresser if your hair falls out!
a life without hair is no life at all
Robert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 10:29pm
I have not been to a hairdresser in many years, at least not since I made the decision to grow my hair really long(we are talking ankle legnth here). I`ve calculated it will take about 7 more years to achieve this legnth. Anything I need to do to my hair, I do myself.
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 10:36pm
The thing is to find someone you trust. My mom goes to one salon and I go to a different one. Occasionally my mom will try to get me to go to her stylist but I try not to. It is a power play with my mom.
It all comes down to trust.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
shelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2002 at 1:14am
Last month I went to get my hair permanently straightened and my hair was BURNT HORRIBLY! this treatment took about 4-5 hours. After my hair dresser put the chemical on my hair he put the blow dryer on it and I saw my hair start to shrink and pieces started falling out! After he finnished the treatment he started to cut about 2 inches from my hair with out even asking. I asked him what he was doing and he said My hair was very damaged at the tips. My hairturned out poofy and kinky. He said it`s because my hair is curly. CURLY? My hair has just a two waves in the back. So in the end I paid a couple hundred dollars to get my hair burnt.
shelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2002 at 1:19am
Last month I went to get my hair permanently straightened and my hair was BURNT HORRIBLY! this treatment took about 4-5 hours. After my hair dresser put the chemical on my hair he put the blow dryer on it and I saw my hair start to shrink and pieces started falling out! After he finnished the treatment he started to cut about 2 inches from my hair with out even asking. I asked him what he was doing and he said My hair was very damaged at the tips. My hairturned out poofy and kinky. He said it`s because my hair is curly. CURLY? My hair has just a two waves in the back. So in the end I paid a couple hundred dollars to get my hair permanently kinky all the way from the root to the tips.
If anyone knows of a treatment I could do please let me know. Could I redo the treatment?
~Shelly
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2002 at 6:14pm
That is unfortunate, Shelly. Perming is a process that can seriously damage hair. Around
1975, my mother went for her 1st and only one. She decided to try the fashionable
afro-look and the chemicals fried her hair. I think perming is one of the stupidest inventions
I know about. It is not healthy. Good luck, but I think the best thing for you to do is take
hair vitamins. I think your hair has probably taken enough damage (4-5 hours? Yikes) to be
further exposed to the caustic chemicals they use.
IAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2002 at 10:38pm
I agree, I always cut my own hair myself. Have done for years now. My hair is past my shoulders and I usually tie it in a ponytail, although some people don`t like guys with ponies it`s very easy to maintain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic