Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Mask Disaster!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tamarah Prevost View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamarah Prevost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Mask Disaster!!!!
    Posted: August 23 2002 at 8:56pm
Me and my friends decided to try a new type of hair mask one day, consising of mashed bananas and honey. Well it was good and fine until we realised we put too much honey in, and when we tried to wash it out, it wouldnt` come out. Now our hair is stuck in tangles, we`ve tried everything but nothing has helped....its just a LITTLE gross walking around with bits of mashed banana and honey in ur hair, so if sum1 has an idea they`d like to share DO IT NOW PLEASE HELP US, THREE 15 YEAR OLD GIRLS NOW PLEASE!!!! -thanx!
tryna help View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryna help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2002 at 11:41pm
oh dear, this is what I would do.

Get in the shower, wet your hair down, and put lots and lots of conditioner on your hair. Handfuls, ok? Let it sit for a bit, then start `shampooing` with the conditioner. Duck your head back in the shower for a bit, just to wet it, and `shampoo` some more. Start rinsing out, and if you can fingercomb through your hair you are home free.

If not, I would then rinse it all out, pour a pitcher of water/vinegar mix thru my hair and `shampoo` with that. Rinse, rinse, rinse, to get the banana out, if it is still tangly, do the conditioner again.

This is what I would do, hope this helps! Let us know how it turns out, k?
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2002 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Tamarah Prevost Tamarah Prevost wrote:

Me and my friends decided to try a new type of hair mask one day, consising of mashed bananas and honey. Well it was good and fine until we realised we put too much honey in, and when we tried to wash it out, it wouldnt' come out. Now our hair is stuck in tangles, we've tried everything but nothing has helped....its just a LITTLE gross walking around with bits of mashed banana and honey in ur hair, so if sum1 has an idea they'd like to share DO IT NOW PLEASE HELP US, THREE 15 YEAR OLD GIRLS NOW PLEASE!!!! -thanx!

awww u poor fingz!

um the best thing to do is, not put conditioner in, as that only conditions.....not cleans ur hair...

get a good and i mean VERY good clarifying shampoo... this is specifically for getting rid of debris etc in ur hair and therefore will work better for ur hair...

now use ALOT and lather on ur hair and scalp....for about 10mins..........dont stop untiol u can actually feel the honey becoming less and ur hair is feeling cleaner...

then rinse THOROUGHLY

repeat this process until ur hair is in better condition.

if however after about 3 washings ur hair isnt any better, go and seek proffessional advice from the hair salon immediatly...

infact, do that first...they will know what to do
:S
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2002 at 10:26pm
Really shampoo doesn`t wash out a sugar base natural product which naturally washes out with water huh? Strange.
Take your normal hand dishwashing liquid soap, jump into the shower with it and soap up. Then afterwards use a wide comb and apply lots of conditioner in your hair and comb it out. Then get in the shower again and use a good shampoo and condition again normally. Its not glue.
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic