Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Plum/burgandy hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pixie-Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie-Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Plum/burgandy hair!
    Posted: September 19 2002 at 9:08am
I just used Herbal Essence Beyond Cherry on my hair and it turned my hair a dark magenta! So a couple days after that I put Natural Instincts Warm Dark Brown on it - well now my hair very dark and the only way to describe the color is plum/burgandy.... I have been washing it like crazy to try to get some of the color out, it has faded by not that much. I am also conditioning it like crazy.

I called Clairol and they told me to use Ultress in Medium Golden Brown and mix that up, and add 2 oz of my regular shampoo - put it on my hair and check it every 5 minutes. She said it will make it a brighter intense red and less purply...

Before I try it I was just wanting to know if anyone else has had any experience getting purple/burgandy out of your hair? I am trying to get a dark red....

thanks!
Nic F View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2002 at 1:53pm
Maybe you should shave your head ;o) ha! Just had to tease you L
Gina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2002 at 8:00pm
Hi,
As a survivor of many a home haircolor crisis I suggest you go to a salon to get a color correction. I will never, ever do my own haircolor again just because of the very unpredictable results. I had a color correction the first time I dyed my hair red (it was burgundy too!) and it turned out exactly how I wanted it in the first place. I`m afraid if you do any more to your hair at home you may regret it.--Often salons will offer a free consultation.
Good luck, and let us know how it turns out! --Gina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic