Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Angie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green hair
    Posted: November 14 2002 at 8:50am
I have naturally dark blonde very straight hair and for quite a few years I had been using that hair lightener called Sun In (bad move I know !! but stopped using it last Nov) anyway, my hair is past my shoulders and I decided to have a change so I asked my hairdresser to put some light brown/caramel streaks in it. My hairdresser knew I had Sun In in my hair so she used a Semi Permanent dye but the streaks which I was left with were more or less black and I was not happy at all ! Then to add to the disaster, the streaks faded to a greyish green within about 3 days. Naturally I was horrified and went back to the salon where they informed me the only thing they could do was to bleach it out. After all this was over and done with my hairs condition was ok but some bits were a bit frazzled. This was about 6 months ago and even now I have got light green streaks which show up really badly in the light.

What I was wondering was whether anybody has got any ideas as to what I can do to get rid of the green. Shall I go over the green with a blonde dye or try a different shade of brown (i.e one which is not a green based product) Or shall I leave well alone and put up with it ?

Many thanks
wetset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 12:01pm
I have worked with hair of your situation before. I like to use the level 2 color from Wella. This color is true to form and deposits color...not lightens. I use this with many of my friends and I always get the results intended. Make sure you use a warm color this time and nothing with ash. Feel free to mail if you would like........

Jonathan
Angie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 5:19am
Thanks very much Jonathan for replying to my dilemma ! I will try the level 2 from Wella and hopefully will look alot less green !

Thanks again

Angie
wtjellibean View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtjellibean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 10:41pm
I too had green hair a few days ago and went to see the salon they said that the opposite of green on the color wheel is red. That is the only color that will cover the green and get rid of it! Trust me I tried to cover it with browns, bleaching it, and much more. I just had it died a light reddish brown and the green is gone. They also sell a product at Sally`s beauty supply that you can mix with the hair dye to help take out the green tint, so if you dont want to go red give it a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic