Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP IM DESPERATE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lori74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lori74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE HELP IM DESPERATE
    Posted: January 30 2003 at 12:28am
i have waist length medium brown hair with some reddish highlights .. i wanted to tone down or get rid of the red highlights all together so i purchased an over the counter product called clariol natural instincts thats SOPOSSED to wash out in 24 washings .. my hair is pitch black .. its horrible .. is there anything i can do ??????????? please help
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2003 at 1:27am
I hear the shampoo Prell is good for that sort of thing
caro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2003 at 7:49am
I`m sorry to hear this happened with your long hair, the only thing you can do is shampoo it a lot, it`ll fade with time. good luck
Booie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2003 at 12:00pm
hi! prell does help it fade faster ...it kinda is like a stripper ...dish soap does it to .......but is realy hard on the hair ...so dont do it everyday wash in water as warm as you can take it ,fades coler to ....we use a coler erase at work it can be mixed with warm water or to be stronger peroxide ...a salon could help ya rite away if you are impatiant like me......lol ...hope it may help!
Booie
Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2003 at 4:42pm
It will fade eventually so don't do anything drastic to ruin your waist long hair or you can go to the hair salon and they'll be able to put a rinse through it to lighten the color a bit so its more a brown color. I did it myself once. I get a lot of reds through my brown hair color so i bought a hair color that was a dark brown and got black hair as a result. Never again.
Beth
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2003 at 8:07pm
I would definitely go to a salon and get a professional opinion.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2003 at 10:14pm
Haste makes waste as my gramma would tell me.... please be patient and be gentle with your hair. It should wash out since it's a semi permanent, but I've been told that darker shades do take longer to go, and since they are semi-permanent I'm not really sure if they wash out completely. Sometimes going to the salon is the solution, but I have had more wrongs done in salons then rights, so be ever so careful when choosing one. Give it time, lots of loving care, and you might just find that the color will fade to that perfect shade.
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 5:30pm
My hair is dark brown with a lot of red highlights, too--almost a dark chestnut. I have been very successful in eliminating the red by using ASH BROWN semi-permanent haircolor (Natural Instincts). I mix medium ash brown with dark brown. This cuts the red tones AND covers my grey. It grows out before it washes out, so it behaves like permanent but is much less damaging.

The point is, ASH SHADES cut the red tones.
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic