Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drabber information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dyer34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyer34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drabber information
    Posted: April 08 2003 at 3:49pm
I just need to know, is it safe to use a drabber on hair that has been previously relaxed/permed?
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 4:12pm
I'd say in most cases yes. But what drabber? Any previous highlighting? Condition of your hair?

Sometimes your ends will really grab if they are really pourous.

What drabber how strong is it? chemically and depth of color?

What color is your hair? Why do you need a drabber?
Dyer34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyer34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 2:27pm
my hair is like this dirty looking copperly red, it's hard to explain. It's the loreal drabber for light tinted shades.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 4:19pm
Hi Dyer: Do you have Mineral build up?? Iron? Lime? even Copper?

A dirty red you say, it sounds like its already drabby red. What are you shooting for?? What color do you want to end up with??

Is you hair that color because of color damage? What have you used on it??

Dyer34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyer34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 5:48pm
i'm trying to get my hair like a light ash brown, i don't want no red or gold tones. I had dyed my hair with loreals preference dark red, i hated the color, so i brought prell shampoo, and that faded my color alot.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 7:47pm
Are you pretty dark to begin with?? I mean your natural color...I'm not sure how light, light ash brown is ...

but its sounding like you might have to be lifted up past the red, to a gold at least, before you can tone back down to a light ash brown.

If you tone or drab your dirty copper red, you would have to go pretty dark to tone away the red.
Drabber by its nature darkens...because you are generally adding the neutralizing pigment (usually blue, violet or green) to counter the gold, yellow or red)...............................anyway to answer your first question, I don't think that the drabber for light tinted will do much.

In short lift up past the red to at least a gold or dark yellow then tint back to a light ash brown.
Kind of tough to do on your own. And you know what I'm going to say next....Go to the Salon and have a Colorist do this if you can.

Cheers
Dyer34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyer34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2003 at 8:21pm
i'm taking your advice and dying my hair a golden brown color, i have no money for a salon right now. So i should forget about the drabber then, right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic