Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chicago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE HELP!!!
    Posted: May 25 2003 at 11:32am
I went to a salon two days ago for highlights. My natural hair color is dark blonde/ light brown. As this was my first time with this colorist I made sure to tell him what I wanted: natural looking blonde highlights, just a level or two lighter than my natural hair color. I explained that at all costs I wanted to avoid the over-bleached blonde look, nothing too light... he said "no problem". After he had done a few foils I noticed that my scalp was burning... "what product are you using I asked?" He said " Just Clairol powdered bleach." Much to my horror I realized he was using STRAIGHT BLEACH-no color-on my hair. AND he was using almost 1/4 CUP of mixed product in each foil! Thus no wonder it was oozing out of the foils and burning my scalp. I told him my scalp was burning, he said "don't worry about it". I now have WHITE stripes all over my head and my scalp is still sensitive to the touch. For this they charged me $380! I have called twice and explained my displeasure. They said that he could put "toner" on it and I could come back next week. I do not know what to do! Please someone help... I alternate between tears and fury.

Singed,
Chicago Girl
Patti Rivera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Rivera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 12:35pm
How is the condition of your hair now? Are the highlights severly damaged? What is the color of you hair that is not highlighted? What color do you want it to be and do you still want the highlights at all? Let me know.

riv
Chicago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 1:30pm
Thank you for your response. At present, the overall condition of my hair is mixed: the sections that were highlighted (aprox 70% of my hair) are very damaged and in just two days have noticed some breakage, the rest of my hair in relatively good condition. Before the highlights my medium/long hair was mostly my natural color(light brown) except blonde on the ends (from previous highlights). I knew that it looked odd to have it dark on top and blonde on the ends, but I was anxious about having it done. 3 years ago I had a VERY bad color experience (a different salon). I tried to have it corrected but with no luck. It has taken me these past two+ years to grown it out. Now that this has happened again, I feel devestated. Originally I wanted subtle blonde highlights. At present , because the highlights are all over my head, it looks at if ALL my hair has been doused with bleach. At this point all I want is for it to look normal again. And although the salon said the colorist suggested using "toner"... I have no reason to trust this information, this person ruined my hair. Is it possible to make hair darker that has been bleached white? Will the color hold? Will my hair break off?
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 7:24pm
After some intense conditioning treatments, i think you need lowlights weaved back into your hair. This will help blend in the horrible blonde spots on your head. This will make it appear more natural.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 5:05am
oh my...............
the horrors of going to a BADDDDDDDDDDD hairstylist.
well i hope he charges nothing for damaging your hair,
ARGHH
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 9:06am
Chicago, I would really press for my money back....They will offer to fix it...It doesn't sound like just toning will be enough.

It sounds like low-lights....like Lili said...and maybe toning too.

I would ask to speak to the Salon manager, go in person, explain to him/her what you explained to us. You clearly did not get anything close to what you asked for.

If all they offer to do is tone...ask them...
How that is going to give the few natural looking highlights you asked for??

What do I do when the toner fades? (and it will).

And even if they offer to low-light + tone...

What will you do when it grows out and fades a bit and the lines on your scalp are back, but worse now because you have new growth??

Go in, be firm, and stick to the point that obviously the Stylist did not give you anything near what you asked for. In fact, what you got is bordering on malpractice...considering you scalp.

I feel, that if more unhappy clients, would go back and stick to their guns...about getting their money back...more stylists would be forced to stand behind their work.

Let us know.

LoveNia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoveNia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 9:57pm
I truly agree with Sophie.
jonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 11:11pm
If none of the other replies work maybe you should try a crewcut. A guy in Chicago (haircut.net) would pay you to do it. Good Luck, Jonny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic