Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I *hate* my new long bangs!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LisainCalif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisainCalif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I *hate* my new long bangs!
    Posted: April 28 2004 at 7:35pm
I finally caved after thinking about it for months and got my bangs cut. I have not had bangs for about 3 years--I have shoulder length blond hair with some layering at the ends.

The stylist cut them to blend with my layers, and they are long and side swept like I asked...but they are driving me crazy! They are always flopped into my eye (the big side--I part my hair on the side). I watched "Rachel" on Friends last week and was so jealous of her long bangs, but now I have them and hate them!!

They are pretty thick, so even when I pull my hair up in a ponytail I have lots hanging down in my face now. It drives me crazy to have this thing hanging on my forehead and poking in my eyes!

It will take me months to get them to go behind my ear now. Anyone else do this? I hate to go through the next six months wearing bobby pins in my hair!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2004 at 8:03am
So sorry you dislike the way your new bangs feel... how do they look?
LisainCalif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisainCalif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2004 at 9:27pm
Thanks for the reply. They actally look pretty good, but it is a big adjustment, and I don't really do well with change. In theory it looks cute--but in practice it just looks and feels strange to me. I know they will grow, but it will be a long haul because these are some major bangs!

I guess I just have to be patient and try to get use to them.

Take care,
Lisa
DarkFalcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkFalcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 1:04pm
I have long bangs... especially for a guy.

They are just longer than nose length, resting in the moustache area.

They tickle like hell, lol, very annoying, especially when the all flop down and cover your eyes. But you can part them and hold them with gel or something. However, I think my bangs are pretty cool, so I keep them, even though they are annoying, as soon as they're long enough, I'll knock them back.
"Come not between the nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured and thy shrivelled mind left naked to the lidless eye.
xBeckahx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBeckahx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 6:42am

I know how you feel, I actually got really short bangs done because my mother did a botch job 'trimming' them(they ended up slanting down into a V on the middle of my forehead).

Just keep using bobbypins is really the only thing you can do unless you blow dry it straight down first then when its almost dry blow dry it again on a diagonal to the side, this usually keeps them out of your eyes and dont worry, they'll grow out eventually...mine still are.

ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 5:42pm

Hello Lisa,

I quit cutting my bangs back in 1996, so it's been a while for me, but I wanted to share a trick I used back when I couldn't wait for them to reach the rest of my hair.

If they are long enough to tuck behind your ears, you can secure them to the hair at the back of your neck, under the rest of your hair. Sadly, bobby pins (safety pins only or ) will come into play here. Add a headband or hairband and no one is the wiser.

Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 8:35pm

I completely understand.i hate my hair to be in my face.I could never understand when I would see people wear the hair completely covering one eye on purpose.You could go shorter.Maybe get them cut more at an angle so they are still long and sidesweeping,but not in your eyes.As far as letting them grow,I had to do that plenty of times myself.There are alot of ways to pull them off your face without it looking as if your waiting for them to grow out.I like the new style with the braids.It looks cute with the rest of the hair pulled up or back or let loose.I'm not a big ashlee fan but this is a very cute style.

ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 9:08pm

LHD, I'd completely forgotten about that style! Wow, that brought me back to my teen years again! (Last time I wore that style.)

Lisa, if you cannot braid hair as in the photo, you can also achieve much the same look by twisting the hair as you move down the side of your head, or if your hair is long enough, make the twist higher up, then secure it in the back with a barrette.

Thanks for refreshing that one, LHD!

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 6:22pm
Hey Karen Marie...  How are those growing-out bangs coming along?  Still a bit of length difference between them and the rest of your mane?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic