Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yet another plea!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mama2Six View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2Six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yet another plea!
    Posted: May 22 2004 at 9:22pm
I know I should seek professional help but I simply CANNOT afford it :-( I am a natural brown with red highlights - have home dyed to auburn for YEARS. MIL treated me to foils at a salon and she screwed it up. I wanted auburn with blonde highlights - I ended up strawberry blonde - no highlights. She changed her schedule all of a sudden and cannot fit me in on Saturdays to fix it. I have no babysitter so I tried on my own :-( WHat I got was a copper/orange with streaks of the old blonde and auburn. A stylist then suggested I use a medium blonde semi-permanat and it is now almost black. I just want my red hair back. BOO-HOO!!
Amy
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 5:20pm
Hi Amy...you seem to be in desperate need of a quick hair color change. I suggest that you completely strip your hair entirely of all artificial color then re-apply a box or 2 of the haircolor you want to go back to. There are 2 products that I have bought and personally used on my own hair dye mistakes. Try this product first - "One 'n Only Color Fix by Jheri Redding" here is a web site addy where you can purchase it online http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page32.html this is what the product does "There is also a product called Colorfix that actually shrinks the dye molecules and is used for major color removal and is a very gentle product. The instructions are easy to follow and there are a few applications in each box. Try this product second because it's a little harsher - "L'Oreal Haircolor Remover Kit" I know Wal Mart has it for about $10.00. In my personal experiences...after removing artificial haircolor...my hair seemed a little drier but when I applied the new color it went on evenly...no streaking etc...so I suggest that you deep condition it often after you applied your new color. Good Luck to you! If you do try 1 of these products...please post a message or email me to let me know how your hair turned out.
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic