Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

don't try this at home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: don't try this at home
    Posted: October 10 2004 at 8:41pm
Up until 2 weeks ago, I had never coloured my hair. I decided I wanted honey blonde hair. My sister applied two shades of hi-lift colour using foils. It turned out beautifully. I should have left it alone. A few days later, though, we used a highlighting kit to brighten it up a bit. The highlights ended up a pale lemon yellow and my hair looked hideous. There was so much contrast between the highlights and base colour, I had to bleach all of my hair to the pale yellow level. I toned afterwards with a med. neutral blonde and my hair turned the colour of apricots. Then, I used a med. ash blonde to try to tone down the orange and ended up with peach hair. I panicked and, rather than waiting for the semi-permanent color to fade, I died my hair with a permanent light ash brown. Now, my hair is almost back to its natural colour -- except now it's a slightly duller colour, drier, and not as shiny. Lesson learned -- ALWAYS DO A TEST STRAND (or go to a professional).
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic