Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wavey/ Curly hair! Need help with air-dry procedure!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wavey/ Curly hair! Need help with air-dry procedure!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wavey/ Curly hair! Need help with air-dry procedure!
    Posted: August 24 2002 at 10:20pm
Hey there,

I have very thick, very brown, very wavey/curly hair that lays about 2 inches below my shoulder, and is layered. My longest layer is a tad below chin length (getting it re-shaped soon).

My problem is that my hair dries curly, which turns out nice, but my only concern and pet peeve is the frizz. And it`s not like your typical, run of the mill, heat damaged frizz either, and it`s really starting to bother me. It`s like, `wet hair` frizz. I don`t know how to explain it, but once it`s dry, it looks like pubic hairs are shooting out of my would-be-nice curls!!! (like curly frizz!!!)

I know I need moisutre, but I don`t know what to use!!!

My washing routine is:
-shampoo and major condition using Salon Selectives "Soak It Up" product
-towel dry
-put Herbal Essences `Cream Leave in Conditioner`
-then, if curling my hair, I put in Pantene Anti Frizz Creme, then an extra spritz of Thermasilk Light Leave in conditioning spray
- then I let it air-dry in a pony tail, because I dont really like it down too much, but I`d LOVE it down if Frizz free.
-also, I put in GOT 2B Spiked up gel in my hair or pantene Schrunching gel
-I STILL GET FLYAWAY FRIZZ!

If someone could recommend products and anti-pubic hair frizz procedures it would be astronomically appreciatied. Also, something that would make my curls soft, not hay-like would be amazing!

Thanks!!!
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
Joanne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2002 at 1:14am
I no longer shampoo my entire head because my hair is dry, curly and very thick. Once a week, I use a bit of shampoo on my scalp.

I have found that the best conditioner for myself is Goldwell Kerasilk for dry/curly hair. It is really thick and I actually use it as a leave-in conditioner (although they say to rinse it out). It leaves no residue and my hair has never been softer and shinier.

The only styling product I use is Iso Bouncy cream. It gives a soft hold and unlike gel, it`s non drying and non-sticky. For myself, I swear by these products.

Good Luck.
rina-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rina-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2002 at 5:08am
Hello!

Instead of towel-drying, you could try shaking off excess water in the shower and then just leaving it to dry like that. Towel drying just fluffs up the cuticle of curly hair.

Also, two conditioners i have found to work on my own very curly hair are -

Back to Basics Raspberry Almond intensive conditioner - I got mine at Sally`s, but you can get it at salons too. Makes hair very soft!

Apple Pectin Deep Moisturising Treatment - also from Sally`s, very moisturising.

HTH!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2002 at 7:58am
Back to Basics Raspberry Almond is wonderful stuff. I wish they sold it at MY Sallys!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2002 at 4:26pm
try a conditioning oil...... like John frieda`s beach blonde Wave salt spray.....

i think u r putting too many products in tho...
the best thing to do i reckon is wash ur hair on the night......only put in leave in conditioner after uve come out the shower...then let it dry...then once ur hair is dry the next day in the morning style it..

also if u sleep on ur hair it will retain abit of its natural oils so will be easier to style than if u had just come out the shower...

also just use one or two products maximum.... i used to use several... and then found that if i used one..or 2 maximum...my hair would look better and feel better...
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Sportiemeg22@prodigy.net View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportiemeg22@prodigy.net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2002 at 7:14pm
never use anything pantene for curly hair- it really fryes it out!!
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2002 at 5:04pm
nah it doesnt.....
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic