Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wet curls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GurlyGurl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GurlyGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wet curls?
    Posted: June 13 2003 at 9:16am
Why does my hair curl up when it's wet but when it dries it's basically straight with a little wave? Is there any way I can keep it like that when it's dry? P.S I'm 13 and my hair used to be naturally curly but it came out when i was around the age of 7.
lindsay8403 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay8403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 5:51pm
When you find out let me know cause I have the same question? Mine has always been straight but when its wet is curly I really like it that way also
Lindsay Lu
rickslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 12:44pm
My hair is like that also. It's curly when wet but frizzes up after it's dry. There is a product I'm going to try called Curl Keeper, that is supposed to keep it looking wet and curly all day. It doesn't have permanent chemicals in it either like perms or anything.
VBallChicka09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VBallChicka09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 7:43pm
Mine's like that too! I had curls just like my mom and they came out when I was like 5! When it dries it gets curly and I really like it that way, but it doesn't stay!
Been there done that! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Been there done that! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2004 at 5:44pm
If its frizzy, try frizzease hair serum, it really smooths the frizz, and u can put it on when its wet or dry. to keep the "wet curl" without a lot of product, scrunch your hair with a little curling gel (not a lot, it will weigh it down) and blow dry your hair on low upside down. i find that when your head is flipped, the curls form easier in your fingers and when you flip back up, your curls are soft with TONS of body! Good Luck!
skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 5:25pm
I use Frizz-Ease Corrective Styling Mousse to define my curls. But I'm not sure if I'm going to use it anymore. As I was reading the back, PROPANE and BUTANE stuck out. I really don't feel comfortable wearing flammable ingredients in the my hair (though it does work very well). Do you guys have any advice for a replacement? Any thoughts on the propane/butane thing?
soupprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soupprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 6:48pm
Have you tried letting it dry naturally, with just a little medium hold gel? It may be frizzy, but it's usually the blowdrying and the brushing that pulls out the curls.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:28pm
great tip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic