Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liquid Hair Relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
goldnya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldnya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liquid Hair Relaxer
    Posted: July 26 2003 at 11:50pm
Hi, I just wanted to know i anyone has ever tried a liquid har relaxer. My brother bought one from the store,but decided that he wasn't going to use it. I have wavy/curly hair thats mid way down my back. I have always wanted my hair to be straighter, so I was thinking of using the liquid relaxer. I also don't want to mess up my hair, so I'm a little afraid of using it. Has anyone tried it before and can tell me there experience of it? I don't want my hair to go completely relaxed and straight. I just want it to be straighter than it is now, and easier for me to straighten when want i straight. Thanks for all the help.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2003 at 8:10am
Gold, what are the main ingredients in the straightner?
What is your ethnic orintation + texture, length and condition of your hair?
Do you have sensitive skin?
goldnya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldnya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2003 at 12:13pm
The ingrediets are water, ammonium lauryl sulphate, ammonium thioglycolate, ammonium hydroxide, fragrance, D & C yellow #8. Thats the ingredients in the order listed.
My ethnicity is middle eastern, but I look white/spanish. My hair is wavy/curly. Its pretty frizzy too, which I hate. Whenever I get rid of the frizz, it just makes my hair curlier, which I don't like. My hair is bra strap length, but I'm growing it out longer. Its in ok condition I think. I just want to get rid of some of the curl and make it more on the wavy side and less frizzy. Then it would be perfet. Also it would be nice if it was easier for me to straighten my hair, but I don't want to damage my hair. Thanks a lot to any help I can get.
goldnya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldnya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2003 at 12:16pm
Oh yea, I almot forgot, hehe. I don't think my skin is sensitive.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2003 at 6:05pm
Hi Gold, is there a Neutralizer??

Sorry, I should have asked this before.

Is your hair corse or medium corse?

Maybe you should just take the time to do a good strand test. follow the instructions and do it for the time recommended.

If you straighten your whole head, Yes, your hair will be chemically adulterated, but you may like it better if it removes some of the curl and frizz.

Be patient, do a strand test. I recommend a strand of your curliest hair...like in the nape, but not on the hair line. Do enough hair to beable to see what the product really does.

The product does sound strong...especially if you have fine hair.

Do you have any other chemical processes on your hair? even something you may have done a year or two ago, depending on your length??
goldnya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldnya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 8:27pm
Hi Sophie! No, theres no neutralizer. Its just a small box with that one tube. I'm going to take your suggestion on the stand test. I'm not 100% sure if I'm willing to really give up my curls just yet. I'm going to grow it out first then straighten it sometimes and have it natural sometimes. I'll see which I like better first before I decide to relax all of my hair. I would say my hair is medium course, but I'm not sure. No I haven't had any chemical process on my hair. I did about 3-4 years ago, which I did on myself and had very, very little effect on my hair. About a year after that, I had my hair cut (which was a mistake and is the reason why I'm growing it out now). So I really don't consider to have any chemical process in my hair. Thanks for all your advice!
Dyer34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyer34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2003 at 1:06am
Originally posted by goldnya goldnya wrote:

The ingrediets are water, ammonium lauryl sulphate, ammonium thioglycolate, ammonium hydroxide, fragrance, D & C yellow #8. Thats the ingredients in the order listed.
My ethnicity is middle eastern, but I look white/spanish. My hair is wavy/curly. Its pretty frizzy too, which I hate. Whenever I get rid of the frizz, it just makes my hair curlier, which I don't like. My hair is bra strap length, but I'm growing it out longer. Its in ok condition I think. I just want to get rid of some of the curl and make it more on the wavy side and less frizzy. Then it would be perfet. Also it would be nice if it was easier for me to straighten my hair, but I don't want to damage my hair. Thanks a lot to any help I can get.

Wow, your middle eastern, I'm egyptian, and you sound like how I look and how my hair texture is too, lol. Wish mines was long like that though.
goldnya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldnya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 6:46pm
Hey! I'm egyptian too, hehe. Yea, I think I got lucky when it came to the length of my hair becuz I see how frustrated my cousin is with her shorter hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic