Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tristans responce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SiriusGrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiriusGrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tristans responce
    Posted: August 24 2004 at 3:04pm
In my last thread a user by the name of 'tristans' had responded with," Don't condition too much or the perm will relax permaturely...." Is this a fact? I always thought that a perm will dry out the hair and conditioning is essential - especially a hot oil treatment once a week.

Well I havent done a hot oil treatment just yet - but let me say that I really do love my hair. It's only been 6 days, but it's just the way I wanted it now that it has relaxed some. :-)

Oh yeah.. and tristans - my hair is still as healthy looking as it was before. :-D
tristans View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tristans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 2:33am
I've always been told not to condition excessively or the perm with start to sag. It may just be an old wives tale.

Hot oil treatments are good after perms, when hair is damaged and coarser. I've read that it turns fine or thin hair into oil slicks.

I remember after my 2nd perm (which was severly needed to fix my first one) I conditioned it every chance I got. I didn't notice any sag until a month after the perm.

Your hair is good condition because you got the perm at a salon. I wish I had done what you did.

I got mine at home where curious friends did the perm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic