Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People Who Are Allergic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People Who Are Allergic?
    Posted: June 09 2003 at 2:16am
Hi all,

I love a good scent but I know that some people are allergic or don't like a strong scent. Which brings up a good question, what do you do if someone asks you not to use perfume? Do you stop or do you cut back or what is the most considerate thing to do?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Bratty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 11:10am
I try to work with the problem. An officemate used to be very allergic so I switched to using scented lotions and that didn't seem to bother her. So I tone it down when I can. In some ways, it is like smoking and the fact that it does bother some people while it doesn't bother others. I am not making a commentary on second hand smoke. Just mentioned that as a similar example. :-)
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 1:23pm
My friend is very allergic to scents...perfume, lotion, animals, cigarettes. Always cleaing her throat or closing her up. I'm always very careful to not wear anything when I was around her BUT I drew the line at soap and deodorant LOL

I try to be considerate and never wear too much of a scent anywhere. I don't like to smell someone before I see them...especially if it's a stinky fragrance. Phew!
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 3:16pm
Strong scents give me headaches. I can't stand incense or strong candles or people who douse themselves with perfume. Since I work in retail, sometimes I hold my breath when little old ladies come up to me reeking of some old heavy fragrance.

I do wear perfume (though not often). I just spray one wrist and rub it onto the other one. I never put perfume on my neck, because the scent will be in my face all day long.

So best thing I can suggest is that if you work closely with them, lay off the scents a bit. You may not realize it but you might be laying on the perfume/colognes a bit thick. I know some people who spray their wrists, their neck, their hair... SCENT OVERLOAD! People will smell you coming a mile away.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 12:27am
I don't wear perfume often, but when I do, I probably do put on too much. I just like to be able to smell myself smelling nice, I guess. . . I'll have to try to be more conscious about how much I put on in the future.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic