Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Latex tipping instructions and pictures x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latex tipping instructions and pictures x
    Posted: March 15 2005 at 7:58am

Here's my first proper contribution to this board LOL xx

Here's how to tip with latex and nail glue.

Firstly cut a strand of hair from the weft to the desired thickness needed.

Then remove the stray hairs from the top of the strand.

Then squirt a blob of latex (I use salon-pro or proclaim) onto your surface.

Then dip the end of your strand in it, you only need a little bit of latex on the end.

Then work the latex through the top of the strand with the nozzle until the tip is saturated, obviously you would be holding the strand with your other hand but I couldn't cos I was taking the picture.

Then pop this to one side to dry.  Repeat this process until you've done about 20 strands.

Then go back to the first strand and make sure it is dry.  The latex should have dried clear like this if it is.

After you've checked the strands are dry, start rolling them between finger and thumb to make the tip.

Then snip the very end off the tip of the strand to make the end of the tip nice and neat and there you have it - your first strand of pre-tipped hair.

Carry on until you've done the rest of the 20 strands like this.

Then using any nail glue coat the entire tip of the strand where you've applied the latex.

I usually latex 20, go back and roll, cut and nail glue the same 20 so I've then got space when the nail glue is completely dry to then gather them together and put safely to one side.  I find if you do too many tips and apply the nail glue, you can get yourself into a mess and they can easily be knocked and stick together xxxxxx

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 8:41am

Amanda, those tips look great!  I too use latex/nail glue. Are you using these tips for your shrinkie install? 

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 8:42am
Okay, so I've been tipping by vairous methods for a while.  But the one question I still have is how long is the tip in the finished product?  The first time I did some I did about 3/8"  That worked fine for microrings, but I let a little of it stick out the top (?1/16").  I've got about 170 tips done for my next instalation and I'm wondering since i'm going to be trying out shrinkies if I should cut the tips slightly shorter  before I nail glue since I don't want them to stick out of the top on the shrinkie.  thanks tons!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 8:42am

Yes chick, I always do my tips like this, so far I've had great success xx

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 9:02am
That latex looks like it's SOOOO much easier to work with than Liquid Gold (then again, wallpaper paste would be easier than LG). Ladies - enlighten me please - what is the verdict on the effects of the Latex on your hair vs. LG? Or does it not really matter since you're coating it with nail glue anyway? (I think I just answered my own question). . .

Fina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 9:27am

LOL  you got it Fina, it doesn't matter cos you've got the nail glue over anyway.  I find latex really really easy to work with because 1) it doesn't stick your fingers together, 2) it comes off any surface, 3) it dries really quickly, you don't need to cure it overnight xxx

Mocha, when I'm doing tips for shrinkies I make the tips about 1/2inch long xxxx

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 12:52pm
You must have been reading my mindI bought hair( Bohyme) and planed to pre tip today. I was soooo glad to see your post this morning !!I did just what you said I've got 100 done so far 60 more to go. I cant wait to take them out of the shrinkies two months from now and see there still in intack.So I wont have to do this again soon. Thanks!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 1:01pm
Hey no problem Marie, glad to help xxx
Samantha~Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha~Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:10pm

I recently discovered proclaim hair glue at my local sally's store i didnt think it would be any good but i picked it up anyway cuz it was only 1.50. So i take it the white one dries clear?

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:27pm
Sally's has Proclaim? I've got two 1/4 lb wefts I'm going to be pretipping here soon. Man, I don't even feel like dealing with LG for this task. I had another bottle completely slam shut on me. Off to Sally's I go...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:45pm
LOL, I found the LG far too messy to use, I just tried the latex on the off chance, I'm glad I did.  Pro-claim is great for tipping, it dries clear also but I use the salon-pro cos I find it dries clearer slightly quicker but there aint much in it to be honest.  I get pro-claim from Sallys over here in England if I've ran out of Salon-Pro.  I usually get the black one for darker hair but I suppose you could just use the white one for every colour hair, me no brains again LOL x
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 7:02pm
Those are some gorgeous tips, Amanda! And it's a great tutorial. Thanks for posting this. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 3:35am
Thanks Jenny, thought it was about time I made a proper contribution xx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 3:51am

Amanda, you make amazing contributions all the time, including this tutorial, which is the bomb!

I wish I could add it to the 101 thread (along with a few other things). I think I'll email the admin in the next few days, to see if this can be added to the demos links. I'd hate for all this good info. to get lost in the shuffle.

Along these lines, Sherrie and I were talking about magneting a show-offs thread, so it'd be great to have your before-and-afters, along with lots of others from this site. I do think it might be good--especially for the professionals here--to start watermarking these pics. Otherwise, you just know they'll be stolen from some pop-up hair seller or extensionist you've never heard of.

Will discuss this archive thing more with Sherrie soon.

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 4:07am

Thanks Jenny.

I love showing before and after pictures but I don't want to get chucked off the board if it comes under advertising, but quinnsters has a show off section so I think it would be good xxxx I don't know how to watermark, how would I do that x

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 4:52am
LOVE the Proclaim. I bought six .75oz bottles of it at Sally's for .89 cents
each. They were on sale. Can't beat that with a stick (hair) Hahahahaha, I
kill myself.

Amazing stuff, really. Chalky white as white can be and then it dries clear.
Did a bang up job on human hair and took a little while extra to dry on
WaWa. A dab of Nailene over the top and I had some excellent tips in no
time.

Looks like I found a new tipping glue.

Thanks, Amanda!   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 5:06am
Hey that's great Amm, I'm glad you like the latex.  If you can get your hands on salon-pro latex you'll find that dries even quicker.  I keep saying I'm going to coat my boyfriend's bum whilst he's asleep and make him some latex panties LOL xx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 5:37am

Amanda,

I can't imagine it would be construed as advertising, given the way we intend to present the photos in the archive, but I'll check with the admin first, to make sure everything's on the up-and-up.

AMM: Did you use that glue with synth? (Please say yes....)

:)

delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 11:02am

I used LG for the first time last week on bulk synthetic...I'm still recovering.  My tips looked like...well, there are just no words.  The latex looks much more efficient.  The closest Sally's to me is 2 hours away, but I found Texas Beauty Supply on-line, and they offer Latex for for .97.  Do you need to use latex remover for clean-up?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 12:24pm
If you mean cleaning up the surfaces then no it just rolls off x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic