Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jenny, HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
posh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jenny, HELP!
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 9:23pm

I'm completely baffled-- I haven't heard of Cinderella hair tangling so badly, but my hair is in huge matts right now. It did that after the first time I shampooed, but not this bad... I just washed it again, and I have NO IDEA what to do, it's 6x as worse. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do-- detangle, condition, detangler, braiding it at night, but as soon as it gets wet it matts up....

HELP!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 9:39pm

As soon as it gets wet? Hmm... I think all extensions do that to some degree, really. Ideally, you shouldn't brush it when it's wet, either. You should finger-comb when wet, just to detangle the hair, and leave the brushing and combing for later, when it's dry.

Is it real tangly when it's dry too? If so, that's a problem. In other words, once you've detangled the hair--brushed through it thoroughly--it should stay OK for a few hours at least. I do think it wouldn't be unusual to have to brush it three or four times a day, but there really shouldn't be excessive tangling when you do. If there is, it's crap hair, and that's a concern, not only because it'll be a bitch to take care of, but also because all the brushing will put a lot of stress on your real hair.

I forget: Have you had extensions before? If you have, and it seems like excessive tangling compared to what you've had in the past, it's probably crap hair. If not, maybe it's just an adjustment-period thing. Extensions do tend to clump and tangle a lot more than natural hair, especially when they're wet.

I didn't have any tangling problems with Cinderella (nothing beyond the usual, anyway), but I've heard of other people who hated the hair. If it's real bad, you may need to cut it shorter or simply have them removed.

When you wash you hair, you're not scrubbing it every which way, right? With extensions, you really want to rinse them all in the same direction (away from your face and down your back).

Anyone else?

posh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 9:45pm

When I wash it, I lather my own hair on the crown and just kind of squeeze the shampoo down my extensions... I don't gather it up on my head or anything. I always wash it in the shower, I'm not turning my head upside down over the sink or anything...

The problem is, I can't detangle wet or dry, it's matted, not just knots. I had GL last summer... that hair would knot a bit, but not to this extent.

I'm planning on going straight back to the salon in the morning... but then what? Can I have them take them out and refund me for the hair? Does Cinderella have a policy on this, or is it up to the stylist? I'm so dissapointed-- in the end, I paid a small fortune, and it hasn't even been a week! :(

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 9:54pm

Uggh...that's bad news. If you've had extensions before, then you know what to expect, and this sounds like some seriously crappy hair.

My Cinderella, for example, was no more tangly than the GLs I had, so you definitely got a bad batch, as they say. I assume the salon ordered the hair then, and not you?

Hopefully some of the members here will have some suggestions, but yeah...I think you have to go back to the salon and see what they can do. You paid a lot of money, and matted hair within a few is totally unacceptable.

Sorry to hear about this, Posh. This is one of the reasons why I hate human hair--you just never know what to expect.

:)

posh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 4:29pm

Just an update... I went to the salon today, and my stylist was absolutely horrified. Apparently it was just bad hair... She contacted her supplier, who is contacting the company, and more than likely she thinks Cinderella will send some replacement hair. We had to cut several inches off-- my once waist-length hair is now to my elbows-- but the knots are out for now, at least until it's time to wash again. :S

She also gave me a bottle of the Cinderella shampoo and conditioner to use in the meantime... I'm a little weary, because I remember the GL products being awful. Cinderella products smell yummy though. :)

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 6:04pm
Oh, good. I'm glad to hear the salon is on your side. Please let us know how it goes with Cinderella. :)
Liviray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liviray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:48am
If I can add here.....
Ive been using matrix milk on the ends of my extentions....and it really helps cut thru the tangles...just be careful you dont get to close to the bond becouse they will slide out.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:09pm

Posh...Clear this up for me. She cut the extensions, not your hair I hope!

Liv...I agree, LEAVE SOME CONDITIONER IN!!!! And use a good conditioner! (Think of all the time and money invested.) So, go ahead and splurge. It's worth it in the long run! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic