Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

save a stray opion needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: save a stray opion needed
    Posted: March 19 2005 at 7:04am
 I was looking at your photo of EZ plug and they look flat, am I seeing this right. I think this would make them lay better in the shrinky. How wide are they? At least that would save one step in pre tipping,no more rollingLet me know what you think because I will be sniping off my tips and re-doing them tonight
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 8:14am
Marie~ I think you are talking about MB Perma Plugs right? (or
are you talking about EP's EZ Plugs?)

I don't know the EP, EZ Plugs, never ordered them.

If you do mean MB Perma Plugs........
Yes, they are pretty flat tips!!
The MB Perma Plugs are not exactly the same size......some
are a tad longer or a tad wider than the other, but still very
small.
They are mainly all a tad smaller than 1/8th" wide. They are
about 1/4" or slightly shorter in length down the shaft.
I do prefer these flat tips to a rolled tip, but that's just my
opinion.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 2:07pm
Yes Yes Yes I did mean MB I goofed but I'm glad to here that there flat I'm going to re do my tip's for my install tomarow. One other thing do they have you pinch or roll the tube at all after heating. I dont think it's nessacery and seems better if I do nothing.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 3:17pm
You must always roll your shrinkies chick.  When the shrinkie gets hot enough and the glue starts to sizzle, whether you hear the sizzle or not, that's why you need to roll it so the glue inside adheres to what its supposed to xx
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:26pm

Hi guys,

You do not have to roll the MB shrink link.  Just apply heat for 8 seconds, it shrinks down nicely and then you move on to the next.  With the MB links, there is no rolling, therefore no burning your fingers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 10:19pm
Thanks Metalgirl,
Yip, the beauty of MB Links...."no rollin'".
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 11:57pm
That's the feeling I had about shrinkys they seemed to look and feel better if I didn't roll them thanks for the info girls

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 2:34am
Your very welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic