Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WaWa users - 35+ days of wear *PICTURES*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WaWa users - 35+ days of wear *PICTURES*
    Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:48pm
Ok, super huge photos but looking at detail is what it's all about. Hope nobody's on dial up.

Here's WaWa completely straightened with a flat iron. The temp was up all the way and this hair straightened best completely dry.

This first picture is the complete underlayer in #33/#27. I swept the lighter colored hair in the back. Flash makes this hair look brilliant. I also have http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID5108306P3522137-Braidin g-Synthetic-Hair/Super-French-Bulk-20-in-2-pcs-Braiding-Synt hetic-Hair-Extensions.aspx in dark wine added in for a splash of funky.

Here's the lighter colors swept forward (in human hair and #27 WaWa)

What the colors look like outside in natural light. You can see how much more subtle they are without flash.

The movement of the hair is just like this photo depicts. I took this just as I swung my head; it's silky, soft and flows beautifully. The very dark underlayer shows well when the the top layers move.

The bottom turned upside down. Beautiful shine and bright colors.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with this hair. The longest length is 22" - about waistine. I have had more compliments on this color combination than any other install I've done. When it's flat ironed, there is literally zero tangling and there is not the scruffness issues like with human hair when it rubs against the back of my shirt.

I wash this with Loma Peratin or Bed Head Control Freak and I use several conditioners (Feria and Bed Head being the best). I keep a jar of Downy Ultra Pleasures Lavender/Vanilla in the shower and I dip my entire pony in it and do not rinse out. I leave it in. That's it! The ends are spectacular and the hair is silky and smooth as you can see.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:56pm

Damn, that's gorgeous! The colors are just outstanding and the hair itself looks superhealthy--as good as new.

I'm so intrigued by this WaWa, so I was looking for some 613 myself, but I could only find a blend, which is gonna be too dark for me. Love yours, though; it's stunning.

How are the extendtubes holding up? Are they more visible than the shrinkies? How about slippage compared to the shrinks? And what's next for your hair AMM--a whole head of WaWa?

:)

Samantha~Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha~Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 5:03pm

Ok i'm jealous! That's it, i wanna go blonde now, you're hair looks soooo beautiful amm! all those different tones blend really well

I wanna try this WaWa hair, where did you get it from again? I hope it's available in England!

imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 5:04pm
WOW!!!  i just got some wawa off of ebay that i'll try when im done with my ph... i cant wait. it will be interesting to note the differences. how long is your natural hair?

~Jenn
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 5:09pm

Amm;  WaWa ought to hire you for promotions...they'd sell a ton of hair!  I'm curious where you found WaWa in the lighter shades.  When I checked it out on Ebonyline they were all fairly dark. 

I'm also curious to know how you compare the extend-tubes with the shrinkies.  I've used microlinks and shrinkies and find the latter much more comfortable and secure, but I know removal won't be nearly as easy.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 5:45pm

Thanks everyone!

Jenny, I have no idea what I'll do next. I said I wasn't going to mess
with it anymore before the PH arrived but I can't stop. I need help, a
support group, a 12-step hair program or something. I love the
extentubes for the ease of removal (when they don't want to double
over
on me, arrrrgh!) but I have to make smaller strands which leads to
pieceyness. I don't like all the shrinkie clean up but I get a
better looking head with them. The extentubes up front and the sides
are holding great and I can wear them higher than shrinkies with less
visibility. No slippage at all with them. But then, they're so
light.

imsadi, my natural hair is below shoulder length and getting longer.
It's not thick at all, though.

For lighter colors in the thermal synth, there's WaWa 613/27 which
Bridget picked up for me. Vixenwigs on ebay now sells this piano
blend.

There's also Hot Stuff which is more like human than even WaWa.
The Hot Stuff refined comes in 20"

The #613 blend is a true creamy white blonde. There are no yellow
tones
whatsoever. I took two pics - one with flash indoors (pic#1) and one
outside (pic#2). I curled the bottom one so you could see how it
performs. It comes as a french refined bulk and it is wavy when wet.
It's easy to straighten and the refined gives you lots more body than
a
silky straight. A lot of people shy away from a french refined because
they don't like the wave. I use it for volume because I like big hair.
So, there's that the synth option for highlighting since WaWa has yet
to do a creamy white blonde. I have some of this in the above pics
but
very little. I rarely do but just a few strands of white or yellow
blonde. 

hotstuff1.jpg">

hotstuff2.jpg">

Edited by amm
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 6:44pm

Oh, that is a white blonde...melikes! How does the Hot Stuff curl compared to the WaWa? I had a lot of problems getting the Ebonyline Adore to curl actually, but maybe it just needs extremely high heat for longer than I attempted.

It surprises me that you're able to go further up on your head with the extendtubes. I would've thought it was easier to conceal the shrinkies, but I guess it's because the actual strands are smaller.

Some hot biker-girl hair inspiration:

:)

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 7:21pm

Amm, Just BEAUTIFUL

Out of all the pictures I have seen of your hair this is my favorite.  The colors that you chose compliment each other and your hair looks so fresh and springy!

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 8:28pm
As usual, amm, absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous! What's so darn amazing is how natural it looks...natural, but super-natural! Thanks for your always very thorough and informative updates! And I hear you about the 12 step hair program.

Edited to add that your hair is Sex on a Twisty Stick and your husband must be in heaven.

Edited by Syren123
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 8:31pm
Where do you get that Hot Stuff Fusion in FR? I only find it online in yaky...

Found it:
http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID5108306P3522137-Braiding-Synt hetic-Hair/Super-French-Bulk-20-in-2-pcs-Braiding-Synthetic- Hair-Extensions.aspx

Edited by Syren123
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:22pm
Love it! I think Im going to RIT dye some light pink and wine coloured for mine.

I have more confidence in WaWa now, its just that its SO cheap!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:32pm
Seriously, Rose, you can rit dye this hair?

I have the Frosted Dark Wine/Dark Red Copper in 20".

I'm going to pretip some more of it and I have some extra human pink off a weft. Want some of it? If so, send me a PM with your address and let me know if you do shrinkies or extentubes? 

Edited by amm
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:54pm
Ooh, amm, that's beautiful! The mix of the reds and blondes is so lush, and you're right, it looks like it moves just like real hair! Have you trimmed it a lot? it looks like it has lots of layers, like natural hair does.

Oh yeah, and I got my soap shipment a while back- I LOVE it. :)

-Rae
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 10:05pm
That is so so nice of you, pm sent!
StacyMyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StacyMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 10:14pm

Your hair is beautiful amm.  Does WaWa have a color ring? if so, were can I buy one.....

EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 3:09am

That looks totally awesome AMM!!! Im so much more relieved and ready to install my own WAWA this weekend. Ive had such back luck with hair lately that I was a little scared but youve given me new hope.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on care products, I was wondering what to use!

Edited by EmmaSkye
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 3:10am
I love your hair Amm, it looks so real, I bet  you get so many comments.  Hopefully mine will look 1/4 that good when I install it xxx
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 9:45am

Oh my gawd, Amm!  Your hair looks great! no, super great, no SUUUUPER GREAT!! I'm still in shock that you can do this yourself, it looks so good!  I have my wawa, just being patient trying to find someone to install it for me!! 

Bravo Amm!! 

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 12:41pm

As always, Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 3:46pm

OK... How did I miss this post?

AMM...you're hair is to die for!

This makes me wont to go longer...as I'm feeling through my scalp trying to find room to add more!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic