Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

synth experience comes in handy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: synth experience comes in handy
    Posted: March 19 2005 at 7:50pm
I'm in my church's Easter musical tomorrow, and they decided on Wednesday that they want the guy who plays Jesus to wear "the wig."  This wig is a majorly cheap Halloween wig...shoulder length with curly ends.  It looked frizzy and nasty!

Nice girl with fake hair experience that I am, I volunteered to take it home and rehabilitate it.  I went section by small section, liberally spraying on CitreShine and combing all the knots out with a wide-tooth comb.  Thirty minutes later, I had a much better looking wig, although it was much too uniform and wavy.  I filled the sink with cold water, dunked it, scrunched it, applied some setting lotion to the top to keep the frizzies away, and let it air dry on the wig head.  I then trimmed a few spots in the front that I thought were too long.   Voila!  Good as new...just perhaps a little bit less curly.  Now people can concentrate on the actor and not the thing that died on his head.

I was worried I was going to have to attack this thing with the blowdryer or boiling water or something to fix it!  Turns out a good combing and a rinse was all it needed.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:11pm

Good for you, Leia! Better not do too good of a job though, or everyone's gonna want you to do their hair!

So Easter's the play, then, yes? After that, are you planning to go crazy with your hair?

:) 

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 11:48pm
Well, it's actually terribly early tomorrow morning (well, okay I just have to be there terribly early tomorrow morning), then after that...red PH undercolor!  I can't go too crazy, though.  I just got a new job.  =)

I also have to see about getting a heat clamp for my shrinkies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic