Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sas or metalgirl?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sas or metalgirl?
    Posted: March 28 2005 at 5:16pm

I have tiped my friends hair with epoxy and it looks just like MB now I can eaven cut the tip down when done to about 1/8 to 1/4 of plastic. So now I would like to know where do they tell you to have the hair  when shrinking. out of tip, in center or closer to top Dose it matter? I hope the shrinkies stic to this better because they sure do stay in my hair it is just the tip that comes out! Thank'sfor any info shared

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:05pm

Marie,

MB tells you that you want the plug fully encased by the shrink link, therefore it would go somewhere in the middle of the shrink link.  By fully encasing the tipped hair, you are creating a water tight seal that will help the extension stay in the hair a lot longer.

Hope that makes sense!

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:22pm
Yes that makes perfect sence thank's I will let you know how this works out
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 8:26pm

That makes a lot of sense!  Thanks for the tip Metalgirl.

Marie, are you using the docs shrinkies?  When are you planning your install? 

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 8:42pm
I have docs and hair candy I am doing 2 tomarow and one wensday. I think I should do 1/2 and 1/2 and see which holds best! I am hoping with the change in the tip maybe they both will
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 10:08pm

Marie,

I just tipped some test strands with the epoxy as you advised and it looks promising!  Great discovery!

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 4:00am
Marie can you check out item number 5965397362 on ebay and let me know if this is what I want and if it is can you pm me instructions on how to use it xx

Edited by Amanda8Beechwoo
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 4:36am
When I went on the MB course the guy had me put the perma
plug right up snug to the very top of the shrink link. A tad below
the top......but I mean a tad. At first I was putting them in the
middle or a little higher, but he said I needed to go up higher
with my perma tip but never past the shrink link itself.

Edited by Save~A~Stray
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:55am
SAS thanks for the info I'm so excited to try this!! Amanda for some reason your post can't all be seenand I can't find that number on ebay But the epoxy you want will come in somthing that looks like a double syringe look on the back and make sure it can with stand temps in the 149c some are higher I just bought some more and it's temp max is 169c! these are clear. mix only a little at a time it will dry up in about 7 to 8 min. I used a popcicle stick. You can cut it down after it will not efect the hold this stuf is strong!! I used big plastic storage bins to dry these I hung them over the edge I think they would stick to anything if you layed them down. THIS STUFF SMELLS OPEN WINDOW!! I dont want any one high or sickIt takes 24 hours to compleatly cure but in 1 to 2 it's dry enough to pick up and put aside. I hope this helps Amanda
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 6:21am
Yes that's brilliant, thanks a lot chick xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic