Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

reccomending a brand of hair..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reccomending a brand of hair..
    Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:13pm

i know bohyme and wawa are coming up tops. but are there any other brands you would reccomend me try. im spreading my wings out to new hair after bohyme just wana make some comparisons.

BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 4:22pm

Can anyone reccomend a hair that:

1.  Isn't too shiny (my natural hair is fried so I need something to match it)

2.  Can be curled and flat ironed

3.  Doesn't get nasty after a few washes

4.  Relatively inexpensive

I've usually go to Sally's or the local beauty supply for hair.  I've had luck with one brand of human hair, but can't remember it's name.  I've also had luck with Sassy futura silky hair.  Only problem is that I can't get the colors I want in 18" or 22".  So I'm going to have to buy online.  I'm open to both human AND synthetic so long as it fits the standards I've listed above.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  And if you could point me into the right direction to make a purchase, even better!  Thanks!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 4:32pm
I'm not sure what too shiny is.  I have some of the most beat up hair ever created that hasn't completely broken off.  plastikhaar is a bit shiny as first but dulls relatively quickly (couple of washes?).  It doesn't look somewhat healthier than my natural hair but not totally out of place.

It's not as good for curling and straightening as Wawa and the other thermals.  But it can be done with a little practice/knowledge.  I think all the monofibre's are roughly the same in this regard but PH is the cheapest and has the largest range of colors by far.

As long as you wash it right(remember not to use hot water as that removes the wave/curl, and fabric softener/silicone instead of normal conditioner) it does not get nasty.

And everyone's opinion on inexpensive varies widely.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 4:47pm
Ditto on PlastikHaar. I would definitely recommend trying it. The shine fades quite quickly. And maybe some of the other thermals, like Hot Stuff Fusion and Organic Protein Hair. These are all relatively inexpensive.

Any human hair I would recommend would be more expensive than Bohyme and not necessarily any better. I had a great batch of HisandHer Cuticle, and people seem to like Glamourhair's Remy as well as Extensions-Plus hair, but again, it's more expensive.

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 11:52am

i dont get the plastik haar website i only seem to be able to find weird colours like green n blue . i take it they do they sell blonde and brown?

jenny what is plastik haar like with tangling i have only ever tried synthetic once it was american dream andi found that it alwasy gotsoo tangly by lunch time and i had to constantly brush it. i take it plastik haar is better?..

xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 11:55am

hey i jsut read your reply to me on the other thread about yur hair 13$ is cheep and you get a lot of hair!!

im going to try it if i can find the natural colours on the website..  i must b doing sumthing wrong

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by kirstyx1888xmac kirstyx1888xmac wrote:

jenny what is plastik haar like with tangling i have only ever tried synthetic once it was american dream andi found that it alwasy gotsoo tangly by lunch time and i had to constantly brush it. i take it plastik haar is better?..

xx

Kirsty, which synthetic did you get from American Dream? Was it the thermofibre, or some other?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:03pm
Hey Kirsty,

I can't post links right now, but you need to go here: http://plastikhaar.com/wholesale/ (make sure you have the slash and the word "wholesale) and then go into synthetic hair and silky monofiber. Then, choose the option for "natural colors" and that should get you to what you need. Keep in mind that the colors onscreen can be bit deceiving, so it's best to ask around a little before you place your order.

I really have no tangling problems; I actually had more tangling with human hair. Of course, you still need to detangle a few times a day, especially if the hair is long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:28pm

jenny thanks for that ill check it out ill def have a browse first my monitor always piks thigns up way different.

thats good u have no probs with tangling. tht was my main concern.

syren it was the thermofibre i tried.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:30pm

ps is this bulk or weft hair?

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 1:09pm
Bulk, though you can look there for the colors and order hair on the weft for a bit more.  When you click on KK monofibre there are like six options that appear and one of them if wefts.  You can special order them practically anywhich way you like.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 1:15pm

thanks mocha the colours are a bit confusing tho there isnt any numbers so i wont no what i am buying i normally get about 18 22 on bohyme.

i will need to get a colour ring eh

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 1:20pm
Yeah, the color ring price didnt' drop until after i placed my mos recent order.

Though just yesterday someone(Jenny) was posting pics of colors in the blond range to help someone. so you might be able to find pics that help.  If you needed to know the brunette colors I'd be all kinds of useful/helpful.

All i know is that vanille is a darn good 613!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 3:32pm
Hey Kirsty,

I posted some photos of the blondes on this thread:
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=292 91&PN=2

I doubt that link will work though, because I'm having some difficulties, but you can find the thread one page back--it's called "PH Equivalent of 27/613," authored by Fina.

The photos aren't the best, but it'll give you a better idea. Some of the light blondes are very, very similar.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic