Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

natural hair shedding HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missmolly1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: natural hair shedding HELP
    Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:44pm
I wanted to know when your natural hair sheds are you supposed to get the hair extensions out before they come out with my own hair! Its only been 3 weeks and some are very thin at the scalp.

Thanks, Kim
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:49pm
Shedding is completely normal. You typically lose hairs every day
and they become trapped inside the extension bond.

If you notice your scalp showing through when it never did before,
get those extensions out ASAP!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:55pm
Ditto what AMM said.

Shedding is normal, but then again, the extensions should never be hanging on by a thread--even after a few months. Do you know how large the sections are? Your real hair should be sectioned in 1/4 inch sections, give or take, for each extension. Adding too little hair to each connection can create problems. The other potential pitfall is when the extension bond, link, braid, etc., isn't placed comfortably enough from the scalp. With virtually every method, you'll have a little tension at first, but they should never be so close to the scalp that they hurt--that could mean that it's putting too much stress on your real hair and, in some cases, the hair can get pulled out at the roots.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 5:15pm
Thanks for the info....I am pretty sure there was not enough hair taken with each extension in the first place. It is about a quarter to half of the extension size. The girl who put them in said because my hair is so fine and thin that putting too much hair in with the extension would not give me enough fullness. Should I take them out??
Thanks!
Kim
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by missmolly1 missmolly1 wrote:

Thanks for the info....I am pretty sure there was not enough hair taken with each extension in the first place. It is about a quarter to half of the extension size. The girl who put them in said because my hair is so fine and thin that putting too much hair in with the extension would not give me enough fullness. Should I take them out??
Thanks!
Kim

Well, it's not all that unusual that the extension size would be bigger than the natural hair size, since it's almost impossible to bulk up thin short hair otherwise. But the question really is, how large are the sections themselves? If they're good 1/4 sections, they should be able to hold a decent sized extension; if not, that may be the problem.

Are these bonds, links, shrinkies, or braids? Do you know the method or the brand name? How long is the extension hair? Do you have any photos of your roots? That might help to figure out what's going on with your hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:03pm
Hi,

They are "Lord and Cliff" Fushion extensions with protein bonds. The extension hair was only about 4 inches past my shoulders but I got scared and cut 2 and a half inches off so there is less weight. I am not sure what you mean by 1/4 sections. There are 3 rows starting close to my neck line with no natural hair left between the next extension...(sorry I don't have a picture to show you) Is there a picture that you can direct me to so I can see if mine look right? If there is not enough of my own hair can my hair come out at the root?

Thanks for all the help,
Kim
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:19pm
I'm having a problem posting links, but how do they compare to these sections, for example:

http://boogiemama.com/album/displayimage.php?album=1&p os=1

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:34pm
missmolly, can you post a picture for us? It would really help if we could see what your telling us. Did you say you have 3 rows of extensions? Im surpised that there are only 3 rows, it generally takes much more than that, unless you were only using extensions to add fullness and not much length. Unfortunately Ive never heard much good about Lord and Cliff's hair quality, but right now that isnt the biggest concern. I would definitely have your stylist take a look and see what she thinks too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:52pm
Yes I only have 3 rows but my hair is fine already so 3 inches longer just about fits the same thickness as the rest of my hair. It also looks thicker because the extension hair is thicker. I did'nt want much in case my hair broke off.

I did look under "boogiemama" website but I didn't see a picture of the actual bonds themselves??

Kim
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:55pm
Can someone repost that link for Molly? It's forcing spaces in the URL for me and won't hyperlink. :)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 7:58pm
reposting link

http://boogiemama.com/album/displayimage.php?album=1&p os=1

of course I haven't been able to get links to work all day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:04am
I have looked on the site again and have looked in the album but sorry all I see is pictures of hair not the actual glued on extension or how it is placed on the head. Is there a picture of that?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic