Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions Please
    Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:20am

Hey Jenny_RR,

This morning when we were working on the boards I made a special SubCategory for Hair Extensions so you would all be easier to find and not buried in the HairTalk section. 

Also...in keeping with the suggestions from before about not having too many stickies and Faqs and 411s all at the top of the threads....I created a second Topic Area that could be used just for things like Getting Started, Faqs, Polls etc....so that this section could remain hardcore talk about extensions.

However, I am open to suggestions & ideas.  I am going to keep the 2nd forum locked until I hear from you guys on how you might like to utilize it.  I can also rename it to something else if you want to use it for some special topic area.  Or I can delete it.

Anyway...for now...it is a bookmark and I will wait to hear if you want me to move all the Faqs over there & move the polls or what.  Also, Jenny...I think that I am able to give you special permissions to access any of the archived posts if you want to keep the 2nd topic area locked.

Let me know please.  I just want to support you all in whatever you need.

Have a great day.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 11:57am
This is great news, Karen.

There are so many good tutorials here that are buried pages back, it'll be excellent to archive them all in one spot. Let me think about what should go there, and I'll start going through some threads and create a preliminary list. I assume everyone is cool with this? So, for example, if we move Metalgirl's Making Clip-ins or Bridget's Pretipping on the Weft to their own spots in the archive, that works for everyone?

Question: Can you change the names of threads, Karen, or excerpt parts of them for the archive? I'm asking because a lot of the time, threads start as one thing and end up as quite another. So there might be a thread that's named "Bohyme Hair" and winds up as a step-by-step on how to install and remove extendtubes. Anyway, if you have the ability to rename stuff, I think it'd make things a lot clearer.

Anyway, I'll get together a list this evening sometime, and it would be great if everyone else could post the links to the threads in which they've provided tutorials or found good step-by-steps from others.

One more thing, Karen: I still can't post links, so is it OK if I just provide the 5-digit reference number in the URL for each thread?

:)

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:30pm

Hi Jenny,

Yes...I can rename threads to anything you think is more approriate.  Then I can also move anything.  Which is what I have been doing with some of the other boards.  I am going through and moving things to archives so that the good posts that need to be kept indefinitely...are never lost.

Thanks for all your help on this. 

As far as the 5 digit reference number.  Lets do a test first to make sure I can find them...and if so...then that should work.

Is someone helping you with the Link problem?  I will check into that.

Thanks so much.
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 1:35pm
That's a fab idea, I can't wait.  I sometimes can't find things, that would be really useful xx
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 1:55pm

Hi Amanda.....How are you?

Yes...I agree.  Organizing will help tons and help to keep adding to the already great threads for the future.

Karen

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 2:07pm
I'm fine thanks Karen.  I can't believe how this board has come on, its a brilliant forum, so informative, I love it xx
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 3:10pm

The board is brilliant because of all of you great posters who share so much great wisdom.  It seriously makes me want to add hair to my own head.  :-)

But thank you so much for your kind words. 

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

It seriously makes me want to add hair to my own head.  :-)

Uh-oh...it starts innocently like that, and before you know it, you've got 10 different kinds of hair installed with every method known to man...

Anyway, Karen, no--the links still aren't working for me, but for now, maybe I'll just compile some things and email you with a list that includes complete URL (like in a Word document or something).

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:55pm
Jenny, are you still on Firefox?  Jeffrey told me that's the reason the links don't work right for me, either.  It's a Firefox thing.

Karen, I think it's a great idea to divide things up to keep them more organized. (I didn't even notice the topic had moved until just now!)  It will be a lot easier to reference all the FAQs, etc.  No more searching through the archives to find "that one post about...."  It might even cut the clutter a bit...we're a very talkative group, you know. 
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:05pm
Yeah...I am on Firefox! Only problem is, I can't get into my account on IE. Will try again tonight though.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 9:06am

It could definitely happen someday to me.  LOL.

One of my cell phone buddies is Jessica Simpson's personal hairdresser and he puts hair extensions in and out of her hair on almost a daily basis. Sometimes more than once a day.  At any given time when I am talking to him he is on the other line buying hair and then he is highlighting it and doing all sorts of stuff to it.  I really feel envious of all the cool hair that she gets all the time and I am constantly pummeling him with questions......where did you get the hair, how are you going to attach it, how much did you pay, can you color it...etc etc.

He also uses wigs and half wigs so I am always asking him about different tapes and how toupee tape works and blah blah blah.

My own hair is currently 5" below my waist and I have been growing it since 1988.  So most hair extension experts tell me that they don't have hair long enough to attach to give me more length...which is what I would want.  .  I would love to be mistaken for Cousin Itt. I even have a tiny little tophat I could wear.

What do some people say...no hair is every blonde enough or long enough?

I have fairly thick hair so just adding for fullness isn't an option.  I would definitely want to go with the hair to my knees trip.  Anyway, my hair extension friend said he could cut my hair to chin length and then add extensions, which seems like not a very good option since I spent so much time growing it.  I must have a small fortune in my hair from all the products I glooped onto it.

Anyway, one of the reasons I love this board and all of your posts so much is that I live vicariously through your experiences.  And who knows...maybe someday.....I will be on the phone buying my own hair.  Thanks to all of you sharing, I will know exactly what to buy and how to use it.

Originally posted by Jenny_RR Jenny_RR wrote:

Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

It seriously makes me want to add hair to my own head.  :-)

Uh-oh...it starts innocently like that, and before you know it, you've got 10 different kinds of hair installed with every method known to man...

Anyway, Karen, no--the links still aren't working for me, but for now, maybe I'll just compile some things and email you with a list that includes complete URL (like in a Word document or something).

Edited by Karen Shelton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic