Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Loc Removal needed in Los Angeles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luzminerva4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luzminerva4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Loc Removal needed in Los Angeles
    Posted: April 05 2005 at 7:20am

Hi,

Anyone in LA who has tools to take out hairlocs?  If so let me know your rate. 

Thx,

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 8:00am
luz,

Hairlocs tools are pronged hooks that go inside the shell and open them from the inside. When those prongs are inserted and spread open, they take your hair that is trapped inside that shell and also spread it. Essentially it rips your hair to the sides.

You can remove Hairlocs shells easily with a regular pair of pliers. Use a small pair that has ridges on the inside of the jaw and simply pop each one open. This method is FAR FAR more gentle and very easy to do. Not to mention, it'll save you $!

Consider this your first baby step on the road to DIY. You CAN DO IT!! Seriously. Just try one and see how easy it is.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 10:15am
I agree AMM, that the sharp prongs on my Euroloc tools totally sheds hair, that's why I don't do this method anymore.
luzminerva4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luzminerva4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 6:59pm

Thanks!! I will definately be removing them my self.  Has anyone heard of:

EZ On/Off Hair extension Adhesive sticks (used in a glue pot)

can this glue be used to pre-tipp hair for shrinkies or will it cause the pre-tipped hair to melt along with the shrinkie?

That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Hapiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic