Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair extensions coming out with real hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missmolly1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair extensions coming out with real hair
    Posted: April 05 2005 at 9:33am
I have mentioned earlier about my hair extensions probably put in too small of sections. I finally found the Boogiemama website and seen the quarter sections and my hair is definitly not that big of sections. I have had them in only 3 and a half weeks and 5 pieces have come out with my own hair. I assume I should be taking them out but can I put them back in again properly or is it possible my hair just can't take the extension? I still don't understand why my own hair is coming out with the extension?? There is still about 15 hairs from the root ..it is not just hanging on by a couple.

Also when I take these out (pretipped protein bond fushion extensions by Lord and Cliff) is there any tips on how to get the residue glue off easier?? I'm scared I am going to pull my hair out.

Thanks!! Kim
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 10:13am

Hun...Get your a$$ to Sally's pronto! Buy acetone and get those babies out!

Tension is causing your hair to break. There's too much weight from the extensions per section for your hair to handle.

Advice...LOT'S OF PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!  I would also recommend getting  Omega3   flax seed oil(you can get it at a health food store) Saturate your head with this. You may have some success loosening the keratin, Wrap your head up and use heat(from your blowdryer) Shampoo, now use the acetone. After you GENTLY get them out use the flax seed oil again. You may want to sleep in it.

Hope that helps and Good luck, let us know how it works!

But get those extensions out NOW!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 10:14am
Originally posted by missmolly1 missmolly1 wrote:

There is still about 15 hairs from the root ..it is not just hanging on by a couple.

I don't quite understand this.

And the five that came out tore or ripped your natural hair from your head?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 10:24am
Sorry...the extensions are still on with about 15 hairs from my SCALP. And yes my own hair came out from my scalp with the extension.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 10:28am
got it.  I agree with gina be very careful but get them out. NOW!

Go quickly and get the supplies, and be very gentle.
boogiemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boogiemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 12:14pm
Ha, I just emailed you. I think I understand what you are talking about by "quarter" now. That pic on my site is a dime, not a quarter.
http://www.boogiemama.com/album/albums/synthetic%20hair/5.8b .jpg

In any case as I told you , you should NOT be having your own hair come out. Where are they located and how rough are you with your hair? It isn't necessarily the fault of the hairdressers in all instances of this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 2:03pm
They are located close to the base of my neck hair line. About a quarter inch left around the perimeter so I can wear my hair up. There are only 3 rows and are only about 2 inches past my shoulders.

I am TOTALLY gentle with them that is why I don't understand why it is coming out with my own hair from the scalp??? I do know for a fact that it is my own hair because I took a couple out with a curling iron and they did not look like the ones that fell out.

What I would like to know is..is it possible that some people cannot wear extensions?? My hair is in good health just fine hair.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 5:37pm
If your hair is in good condition, I don't see why you couldn't wear extensions; it's probably just a matter of A) the application or B) the aftercare.

As everyone has mentioned, if not enough real hair is incorporated  into the bonds, you can have a problem because there won't be enough strength at the root to support the extension (and any subsequent tension) over time. You can also have problems if the hair isn't sectioned properly (i.e., there are random hairs incorporated into the bonds from here and there, rather than nice neat sections, or the bonds are too close to the scalp), but if this were the case, you'd probably have been having a lot of discomfort from day one.

The other issue is brushing. If you're brushing too much, too hard, or not holding the hair at the roots and brushing from the ends to the roots, that can create problems too. That's just a matter of changing your behavior. However, people also have these problems when they have a horrible batch of hair, for example, because it requires constant brushing, which would create damage eventually, regardless of the method.

In your case, I really don't know what's up. But there should be more than 15 hairs holding each extension in place. Are the sections comprable to the ones on Boogiemama's site? If they're significantly smaller, than it's probably the fault of your stylist. If not, it's not exactly clear.

Do you have any photos you can show us of your hair? If you could post a photo of the bonds--a close-up of the very roots--I think that would help a lot.

Have you contacted your stylist about this, and if so, what did he or she say?

Losing 5 extensions in 3 1/2 weeks isn't too bad, actually, but if your own hair is coming out with them and it seems to be compromising the rest of your real hair, it certainly needs to be addressed.
:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic