Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CalKristin...your site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
shadowfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CalKristin...your site?
    Posted: April 05 2005 at 12:28pm
Is it just my computer of are you having problems with the photo gallery? I can't see any pics! WAAAA!
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 1:16pm
I've never been able to view pics on her site either.  They never load correctly.  And then after I leave her site, all other sites are effected and act funny when pics are trying to load and I have to reboot so I just stopped trying.  too bad because I really want to check out her site but it screws up my computer.
Naomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 1:21pm

I have the same problem.

I can't get the link to work, or see the pictures if I type the address in the address bar. I really like her stuff and would like to see the updated site (it used to work before the update!).

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 1:54pm
I'm having no problem.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox on a Linux machine right now.

I'll try from a windows machine later, but I don't have IE which I'm guessing most of you use...
luzminerva4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luzminerva4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 2:31pm
I've had no problem either with her site.  All the photos come in clear and it's fast. That is so weird.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 2:54pm
Im using Firefox too, no problems.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 3:07pm
Yeah, I'm using IE.....any suggestions? I wanna see too
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 3:11pm
Download Firefox.  It's way better than IE anyhow.

YOu can get it free and legal at mozilla.org

Its an easy install and you'll never want to use IE again.
Nic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 3:20pm
I had the same problem.. go to Windows Update on your pc and scan your pc for updates and install them and then it should work
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 3:39pm
Amen!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 5:15pm
I can see them perfectly on a PC from both Mozilla and IE.

:)
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 12:30am

Awe darn that stinks that you can't see them! Hmmm.... try that suggestion of updating your computer. I've actually acessed my site from quite a few places (family, library, and school computers etc..) and had no problems. I have IE at home and I know the University I viewed it from had Modzilla... Hmmm... I hope it gets all worked out for you. I'm working on getting some new pictures added to my gallery... I have a *TON* of before and afters that need to go up

Here's a preview of my new stuff:

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 1:00am

Hi Kristen,

I do have Mozilla so I'll check out your site using that browser but to be honest, I think you received some valuable feedback here.  Especially as an aspiring business person.  You have four or five people who voiced they couldn't easily navigate your site- all with the same problem.  How many are there that haven't said anything?  I can go all over the entire world wide web with no problems only with haircandy.  It could very well be some needed updates or switching browsers but it could also be how you created your site.  If you don't want to investigate what the problem could be, maybe you should put a disclaimer on your site that says "best viewed with Mozilla" or "Best viewed with Windows update xxx"  In my case, I literally have to shut my computer down and reboot everytime I try to access haircandy.  Just some food for thought.     

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 1:13am

Thank you for your constructive critisism. As of right now I manage to do extensions 5-6 days a week, keep up with all of my orders from the shop, reply to 20-30 emails a day, and teach myself HTML as I build my site myself for the first time; I'm not surprised it has some kinks. Unfortunately I myself am too overwhelmed to fix it but I realised all of this some time ago and have already hired a pro who is activly working on getting my site up and running with a message board and another on-line community for all of us hair-obsessed people . Here's what it will soon look like with this new template we're working with:

Everything just takes time, it will be fixed up here shortly.

Woooo Hoooo!  

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 5:48am
hmmm.... I only use IE and can always view the pictures. Never had a problem.
HairQueenLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairQueenLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 11:17am
kristen your new site design looks great!

p.s. i have never had problems viewing your site.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 11:26am
I've never had a problem viewing pictures.
Kristin, you are doing great. It sounds totally overwhelming, but imo, your website is very good - excellent for a brand new one! - your service and delivery is A+ - your work looks GORGEOUS!!! - so don't sweat it. Too much.

BTW, the top pictures of the install...is that fusion?! Mygawd...such neat, beautiful work! And the result looks astoundingly natural, other than it's bright red!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 1:23pm
Well if those photos depict what the others are that i can't see....my! You are very talented, and I'm impressed. Beautiful work!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 1:37pm

*Thanks ladies for your kind words!*

Syren: Yes, that first picture is fusion

RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 7:56pm
Let me know if you need any html help!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic