Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Danger products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Danger products
    Posted: May 08 2005 at 4:15pm
Can somebody please remind me what products to atay away from (ie: what contains hair damaging ingrediants, what might tangle my hair, etc.)
Thanks!
A
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 8:46pm

silicones are bad if you're not the right hair type (see the sticky post in the "product review" section.

some sulfate ingredients in shampoo can be harmful as well.  sodium lauryl sulfate is all i can think of right now, but there's a pretty complete list of them on AnaisSatin's website.

anything hot i.e. hot water, hairdryers, straightening & curling irons.

some bath beads & salts have tangled my hair, but that might just be me.

umm... that's all i can think of right now!  hope that helps! 

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 10:17pm
You undoubtedly know this, but for anyone who doesn't - the major danger products for the hair are relaxers and perms, Sun-In, bleach, and all-in-one shampoo and conditioners.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
CurlyKeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyKeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 8:28pm

Hi there...why are all-in-one shampoo/conditioners harmful while trying to grow long hair?  Just curious as a newbie.

Thanks!  ~Keri

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 10:06pm
They have a little bit of detangler to them, but they are very drying to the hair.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 5:45pm

i agree on the all in one shampoo/conditioners. i tried creme of nature and it dried my hair and it felt like i used something with silicones. strange.....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic