Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SUPPORT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPPORT!
    Posted: May 17 2002 at 8:51pm
long haired gals!

i made a HUGE mistake in cutting my hair very short and am wanting it back! i`m at about 5 inches now. i chose to hang out with you guys here to keep my motivation. i just ordered capilong about 2 days ago and am desperately awaiting it`s arrival. it would be nice to have 12 inches total by christmas! i`ll keep you guys posted on the progress. i hope it`s ok with everyone that i hang out here ... even though i don`t qualify! :-( but ... I WILL SOON! THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT! your posts are very inspiring and motivational.
STARLIGHT LOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STARLIGHT LOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2002 at 7:02am
HI, My hair is only about two inches past my chin. I cut it all off in December or January, I don`t remember when, but I was SOOOO Depressed, I instantly hated it. I cut about 12 inches off. Anyways....It has grown 2 inches since I cut it, so ten more to grow, lol. :O) I hang out here, reminiscing of my long hair, lol
*STARLIGHT LOVER*
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2002 at 10:41pm
Are you really here seeking support or are you trying to bum out all of us true longhair lovers? Isn`t there another thread on HairBoutique.com called "Let me tell you about my mistake" or maybe "Life after getting my long hair cut off and not being popular anymore"?
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2002 at 11:05pm
Lighten up Gordo. Give her a break. Quit taking everything so personel.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2002 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Are you really here seeking support or are you trying to bum out all of us true longhair lovers? Isn't there another thread on HairBoutique.com called "Let me tell you about my mistake" or maybe "Life after getting my long hair cut off and not being popular anymore"?

Gord! my hair is serious business. i am sincerely seeking support. hey, i know that i could`ve posted my issue as a mistake, but now that i`ve made it, it`s got to be corrected ... and the only way to correct it is to be inspired by all of you long haired beauties out there. it`s tough ... once you`ve cut it off, you need to hear how someone else made the same mistake but overcame it by waiting patiently for the luscious "mane" to return.
zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2002 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Rachel A Rachel A wrote:

Lighten up Gordo. Give her a break. Quit taking everything so personel.

"Rachel A" to the rescue! thanks a ton!
zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2002 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by STARLIGHT LOVER STARLIGHT LOVER wrote:

HI, My hair is only about two inches past my chin. I cut it all off in December or January, I don't remember when, but I was SOOOO Depressed, I instantly hated it. I cut about 12 inches off. Anyways....It has grown 2 inches since I cut it, so ten more to grow, lol. :O) I hang out here, reminiscing of my long hair, lol

thanks so much for the encouragement! i`ll keep you posted on the progress. so, you know exactly how i feel! hurts, huh? I KNOW! :-)
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2002 at 11:49pm
You`re welcome! I cut my hair in December. I was cutting to remove a spiral perm I got several months back. So for my hair has grown back about 2 1/2 inches. I trimmed it up a month back. I got a chin length front with a slightly teeniny inverted back. Ok... so now I think I`ll grow it out to about just below my shoulders. I don`t know sometimes I think I`ll stop about just above my shoulders. Anyway GOOD LUCK!
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2002 at 1:43am
I love getting tag teamed. Where have all the long hair girls gone?
zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2002 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Rachel A Rachel A wrote:

You're welcome! I cut my hair in December. I was cutting to remove a spiral perm I got several months back. So for my hair has grown back about 2 1/2 inches. I trimmed it up a month back. I got a chin length front with a slightly teeniny inverted back. Ok... so now I think I'll grow it out to about just below my shoulders. I don't know sometimes I think I'll stop about just above my shoulders. Anyway GOOD LUCK!

i appreciate your support! i`m gonna grow the mane down to my waist!
i know that will take dedication and patience but i`m gonna do it! :-)
i`ll report in to ya on my progress!
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2002 at 6:42pm
Good luck with your growing exploits...and I hope the mane reaches your waist in due course. I guess the good thing about your unfortunate chopping is that you now know what you really want...and you will get there.
:o)
Chris

zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2002 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Beatnik Guy Beatnik Guy wrote:

Good luck with your growing exploits...and I hope the mane reaches your waist in due course. I guess the good thing about your unfortunate chopping is that you now know what you really want...and you will get there.
:o)
Chris

Chris!
i`ll NEVER cut it again! you are soooo right. i NOW know what NOT to do EVER AGAIN IN LIFE! thanks for the encouragement. i needed it! :-) i`ll keep my progress posted!
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 12:35pm
Gord--I`m kind of with you...it should be under mistakes.

?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

I love getting tag teamed. Where have all the long hair girls gone?

you win.
snow white agrees with ya that my issue should`ve been posted under
"mistakes". i can take a hint or two or three! :-) i`m a peace maker.
i like keeping the peace. i`ll check you long haired beauties out when
i grow about 12 more inches. :-) c-ya soon!
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 10:15pm
I`m sorry, but I think the idea behind this board is to offer support to those that *have* long hair AND to those that *want to have* long hair. So don`t leave. All the long hair beauties that hang out here had short hair at one time. And if they were told that they had no value or worth until they grew thair hair out, chances are they would not be hanging out here now. At least the ones I know that hang out here. They have way too much self esteem to hang out with people that judge their worth by how long their hair is. Instead, they found encouragement to grow out their hair whether here or somewhere else.

Please everyone...it`s OK to think that long hair is the best, but don`t push a long hair wannabe away just because they haven`t reached their hair goal yet.

Back to my cave...
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 10:44pm
I totally agree Noreen. I`m glad you said that. They were very mean spirited and simply rude. She was simply asking for support while she grew her hair out again.
Come on guys isn`t that what the board is called "Long Hair Support".
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2002 at 9:07am
I agree totally... my hair is only 18.5 inches long... just a tiny bit below shoulders. And none of you are going to push me away from this board. It`s called Long Hair Support. Not Long hair ONLY. Lighten up people.. stop being so vain, shallow, uhhh *****y? (<-sorry) We are all supposed to help each other whether we have one inch of hair or 33 or more.
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2002 at 7:09pm
Very well said, Noreen!! :o)

Can we lighten up a little, guys? Maybe?

Chris
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2002 at 11:03pm
Ah for goodness sakes this board is exactly for people who want the support of growing their long hair.
Let the first one who never made a hair mistake throw the first rock. Well I bet noone can throw that rock ! So lighten up.
The thing we have to practice in life is this"future ever, past never.
Okay Zasani you thought at the time that it was a good idea to cut your hair but learned that it was a mistake for you so the only thing is to do is to look forward, take care of yourself, forgive yourself and really look forward in life. It isn`t worth looking back at our mistakes in life. Everyone made mistakes about their hair. It`s okay. Not serious. Just relax and appreciate the time it takes to grow it back. Pamper yourself during this time and live the life.

dianefromcanada
zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2002 at 8:04am
amber, noreen, chris, rachel, STARLIGHT LOVER and "dianefromcanada" :-) ...
i really want to thank you guys for all of your support. that`s the ONLY reason why
i came here! thanks for all of the encouragement and for being so nice & cool! :-)
it means A WHOLE LOT! i honestly feel welcome to hang out here. thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic