Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gypsy Skirts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gypsy Skirts
    Posted: May 14 2005 at 12:50pm
Over here in England gypsy tiered skirts are the latest thing, usually in white. I've got two, one ankle length and a shorter one. Just wondered if their as popular in other parts of the World?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 3:28pm
Nope, I haven't seen one here in the US since the late sixties.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 8:35pm
Actually yes. They have been everywhere lately. People call them things like "broomstick" skirts too. Here's some pics from the latest Alloy catalog.

Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 10:33am
they were popular around 1999 here in egypt then they came back again this year ..they dont look good on me i m short so with them i appear even shorter lol.
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 5:17pm
They are extremely popular. It's actually even referred  to as "bohemian" skirts. I, for one, prefer these cutes skirts so much more than the mini-skirt fad that took over the US for years.
stephanie11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 4:25pm
I love those skirts I have a brown one have you seen the old navy commericial for them its so cute!
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2005 at 12:45pm
Yeah, I totally love them too! I've now got one just like the pink one in VeeDubGirl's picture  as well.
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2005 at 5:57pm
Yeah, I've also seen the Old Navy commercial for them. SO this weekend I plan to take a trip there and pick up one 
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 2:10am

When I wore skirts, I used to wear long ones similar to that a lot, 'cause I could sit in my usual unladylike way without my panties showing. . . er, which kind of defeats the purpose of wearing a long, graceful skirt to begin with. . .  *sitting in the classic sprawled-leg man style right now, but wearing jeans, so it's safe*  This is why I'm just not meant for wearing skirts :-P .

More awesome than a manatee!
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 5:50pm

Im originally from the uk but i live in the us now and ive noticed they're huge here right now.

I also want to say that i love them!!!!    Long, flowy, gypsy, bohemian, witchy skirts! They're feminine, but airy and comfortable, and versatile.

SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 1:30pm

My lady owns two beautiful gypsy skirts, one in white the other in black.

She looks great in them, they are beautiful skirts.

Brent
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 4:29pm

they are very comfortable and lite weight for the summer also, you can dress them up or dress them down, funny how fashion comes back around and is seen totally different in the eyes of another generation.

sanfran your girlfriend probably feels beautiful when she's wearing them also, so I guess that's a double plus for her.

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
glitter_princes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glitter_princes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 5:42pm

Hey im from Australia and that fad has kinda just passed but people still wear them! i have 1 or 2 i think but i want to get a black one

Sweet Dreams xxxooo
Jess

Prune juice will set you free...
Beautifulinblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautifulinblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 7:43pm

I love the baby pink one posted here. I could see myself in that.

Its definetly still a trend, and I think they look great. I adore mine. I have a black, aqua and dark brown one, and they are just so light, comfortable and look really good. I'm more of a miniskirt girl, and I dont own alot of long skirts and zero knee length skirts, but I love the long gypsy skirts. I think they are suited to any body shape too.

Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional
moonlessbraclet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonlessbraclet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:38pm
Oh my gosh I just love those skirts. I think they are so flattering on almost any woman. I only have one , its green. But I wouldnt mind picking up a couple more.lol. Super comfy and i love the way they flow .
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 3:27pm
I have a white ankle-length one. In fact, I'm wearing one right now! But
except for an occasional usage, I will probably retire it after this fall... its
time has passed. I have to stay ahead of the game to ensure my spot as
the Fashionista of the Sophomore Class!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic