Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dying Byhoeme? Anyone do it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liviray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liviray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying Byhoeme? Anyone do it?
    Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:41am
Hey gals,
Im wondering if any of you have tried to dye Byhoeme hair a little darker? I have a huge chunk of 613 and I was thinking of trying to dye a section to a little darker for contrast but Im wondering if the color will take and hoping that some of you may have experience.....Thanks so much in advance~ your all so awesome!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:09am

I have tinted the Bohyme hair darker before on many occasions.  The 613 is super porous so it will be unpredictable.

Like anytime you are tinting hair 2 or more colors darker, you will need to fill the hair with the missing undertone to avoid it grabbing a weird, drab color.  Also, watch the timing, as it can grab very fast.

Do test strands, use a demi permanent color.

Good luck!

Liviray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liviray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 5:00pm
Thanks so much ~

I called my hair goddess...and told her what you said...she uses goldwell so we both know this is going to be an experiment...the worst thing that can happen is the small section we dye will come out funny and we wont be able to use it~ no biggie...it saves me from buying another bundle in color 14...so I may be out 30 bucks in hair....but Id rather do that than to be out 135.00 for a whole bundle that will take me years to go thru....thanks again for taking the time to add your advice!
Liviray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liviray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 4:10pm
Just wanted to update ~ and Thanks Metal Girl~

We used the goldstone on my hair and it turned out perfect after two go rounds, the perfect shade of 14....short term it totally looks fantastic, Ill let you know about long term!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic