Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

chlorine. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chlorine. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:05pm
ok, so ive gone swimming a total of two times now and did not wash my hair inbetween. so now, my hair feels totally fried. its all damaged rough feeling. today i did my co routine ( suave daily clarifying conditioner, biolage conditioning balm, pantene for color treated hair, with the last two being left on for about 3 minutes each) and it still felt rough. so i used some of my avon naturals conditioner for damaged hair which i have spiked with 2 tbls of evoo as a leave in, and used some biolage smooth and shine milk. well, as you may have guessed my hair still feels rough to the touch, and idk what to do ne more. what can i do to make my hair feel healthier, and to prevent this from happening next time?
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Trinity05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:34pm

My guess would be, next time you go swimming maybe try and rinse your hair throughly with bottled or tap water. Just continue doing what you are doing conditioner wise and your hair should bounce back soon.

Trinity

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 6:00pm
All kinds of weird chlorine compounds and by-products can build up on your hair if you allow it to dry without rinsing after swimming. Try to rinse promptly and wash if possible.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:15pm
thanks you gals, ill try that in the future. ekatherine, just wanted to let you know that my hair has gotten so much better since i started following the co routine. this was really a great tip. thanks so much. o and my the way, my hair wasnt as bad off as ithought it was today. now that it's dried, its much softer. i think that the leave in conditioner with oil is what really helped.

learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 8:32pm
Before you go swimming, put some leave-in conditioner in your hair.  That often helps your hair from absorbing as much chlorine.  Rinse as soon as possible after swimming (shampooing ASAP is even better).  I've always used Ultra Swim shampoo (available at most drug stores) after swimming in a pool...it's supposed to be specially formulated to break down the chlorine.

Hopefully that should help keep your hair in good shape the next time you visit the pool!  =)

Edited by leia1979
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic