Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with my mom control my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JHood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with my mom control my hair
    Posted: July 07 2005 at 11:32pm
 I want to cut my hair, because its a bother. I got dry hair so i need to wash it a lot but when you got long thick, curley hair its annoying. Im tendar headed too. My mom doesn't want me to cut my hair, shes says I should get dread locs (hell NO). I thought she was kiddin at first, but she really dont want me to cut my hair.
 She always says how long it is, i think shes wish her hair was as long. Im 16, and im a guy, so shes cant be tellin me what to do with my hair. Half the time i got on a du rag anyway. What should i do?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 1:02pm
Yes you are right.  She should not be using you to have the style she wants, she should do hers how she wants and let you have yours how you want.  16 is plenty old enough to decide on your hair for yourself.  However, she is your mom and you've got to respect her. 

If I were in your shoes I would try to convince her rationally that she should let you have your hair how you want it, that you're old enough to make this decision.  You are an individual (where she may see you as an extension of herself).  The best thing to do is sit down and talk about it with her.

No guarantee thats going to work...my mom never listened to me either!  Worth a shot though.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic