Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question for pinch braiders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question for pinch braiders
    Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:03am

I have been practising doing both pinch braids and heat seals using human hair. 

Anyway, because you lose length in the human hair when you braid it, where do you find a good quality long human hair to use for those people who want really long extensions?  It seems to me like you lose 2"-4", making the braid, and if I use 22" Bohyme, it would end up to be only 18"-20" and that's not long enough for some clients.

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:45am
RK hair goes up to 28 inches in darker colours, and 24 in blondes :)
chunt1023 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunt1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:47am
rk's hair goes up to 28 inches in ALL colors!
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 1:15pm
I have no clue how to pinchbraid hair (except reading the tuturials) but is there any way you could add something to the HH to give it length? I'm not sure, but there must be something. Like fusing the HH with about five inches of synthetic hair before your installation? That way you are not losing any length? I don't think shrinkies would work, but I bet those fusion chips would work. You could use the fused part at the top so it would not be noticeable? Just a thought.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 12:54am
I guess that would work, but it would mean a lot fo extra pre-work. Plus the glued bit would be very chunky, and not be able to be braided.

And yeah, I use RK now. I've done two installs with it so far and have four more scheduled already! previously I used Bohyme, and while I did love the quality it was just soooo expensive. Not like it cost -me- any more, but it just pained me to charge people that much.

-Rae
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 6:56am
Finding extra-long HH is not easy. This is one of the main reasons I switched to synth. I haven't tried RK, but people seem quite happy with it. Beyond that, the only very long HH I can think of is Sepia (crap), WigPro (total crap), and HisandHer (the standard being crap, and the cuticle being inconsistent). I believe Glamourhair remy comes up to 26 inches long, and maybe EP has something?

I searched high and low for a long time, and while I was able to find some superlong HH in my color (613), the quality wasn't great and the price was outrageous.

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic