Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hmmmm... help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hmmmm... help?
    Posted: July 13 2005 at 10:32pm

what do i need to improve these? a better cut? should i have not gone with the straight?

ignore the roots, and i have since cleaned my mirror lol

Edited by MERGUTHRIE
i love plastikhaar
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 10:41pm
either put a tiny bit of wave in them or blow your hair out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 10:42pm
i think i will have to stick with 50mm from now on. i *thought* i had pin straight hair lol. can you say TIME FOR ROLLERS!!!!!
i love plastikhaar
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 11:32pm
I got that exact same problem when I used synthetic hair.  It just didn't match my natural hair's texture, plus synthetic is all one length whereas natural hair is made up of hairs that are many lengths.  I'm going back to single drawn human hair.  Blends so much better.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 11:35pm
Don't feel bad Mer.  I used to think of myself as having pin straight hair too.

Then I did my wawa install.  Every morning either had to use the straightening iron on my hair or the curling iron on the wawa.  Or my hair looked just like yours but in dark brown.

the slight wave will hold fine on the PH and you'll be back in business ina flash!
Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 11:55pm
You can try sectioning the top section into a horse shoe shape and put 2 or three rows up in the crown area that helps. I wish that I had a pic. but u put a small skint u at the crown and do really tiny sections at the top that will help.. If you dont get it all take a pic of my next client tomarrow..
Kris
plastikhaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 1:27am

hmm yeah 50mm is better i think!
im only using straight hair for costumers who really have
very very straight hair. plus 50mm is providing more
volume!
but its not that synth hair has to be all the same length?!?
i keep installing a LOT of hair and the cut with the razorblade 1/3 away...
straight hair can look so pretty when its layered a lot!

sara
need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 2:34am
o/t i know but what colour ph is that its very nice
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 3:12am

razor the ends out too it'll stop it having the stuick to your head look :D

does look good though!!

ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 6:01am

hey mer - the color match is perfect! i what ph colors did you use? think you and i have exactly the same texture; i was thinking of going straight also ...

i had a weave once long ago with straight hair and the stylist picked up the top couple rows of fake hair, took scissors, and started where my own hair ended began zipping the scissors at a 45 degree angle along the hair to thin it. the tricky part would be, on yourself, razoring it/feathering it in the back so that you don't cut your own hair? in the interim when you wash your hair can you separate the top layers of your own hair and use comb, use a straightening balm, and straighten with flattening irons? have your husband do it lol.

Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 7:52am
Merg, all you need is a good haircut.  Get someone who's a whiz with a razor to clean up those ends and layer them out a bit.  You are an extensions pioneer chick!!!
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 8:21am

I don't think that you need human hair to simulate a natural look, Bird. I think it's pretty easy to just twist each strand or weft and zip down it lightly with a razor to "create" fly-aways like natural hair has. Merguthrie, I'd say your hair is almost perfect - the color matching is the thing that givesmost people away, and you've done a great job! Everyone else has said it - you just need a bit of layering to create some natural movement. My hair like yours too. I prefer to wear hair with a slight wave now so I don't have to flat iron the top. Lots less styling involved :) Sort of a "U" shape at the bottom instead of straight across is flattering too, I think.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:36am
this is my first install by a non cosmetologist, fyi. all other installs have been by razoring pros with years of exp with a razor and extensions. the girl who did this does not have years of exp razoring pinchbraids.
i love plastikhaar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:40am

kirsty - it is one pack of ea of the following

champagner
satin
platin
seiden

and then two packs were mixed with each other. one of the four is more golden but i forget which, and that gives kind of a gold highlight. like i said b4, i get my hair colored to match, but i haven't been out yet to fo that (as noted by the roots)so there were to blended sets and then we switched b/t thoses sets so there were hightlights.

edit: oh, twisting the strands: forgot that part, thank you. and yes, hubby is helping!!!!

Edited by MERGUTHRIE
i love plastikhaar
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:42am
Really, Mer, you're on the right track. The colors rock and it looks like it's put in okay - just like everyone said, you need a good stylist. Don't we all. I really like it - once you get it styled right, it's gonna be smokin'.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 12:36pm

Hey Merg... I had the same problem w/my wawa straight synth.  Are you able to go any further up on your head?  How about spray a silicone spray on your hair and then twist strands...  or glue a 3" weft piece right around your crown area (if there's room) to break up the texture difference.  The rollers will help too... good luck, I'm sure you'll figure it out, you're an extention vet. here!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic