Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sandwich weft tecnique -confused

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sandwich weft tecnique -confused
    Posted: July 14 2005 at 1:56pm

hey all!

I am a little confused about the sandwich weft tecnique. I am very very interested in this method and if it is possible would love 2 see pics of the application. It sounds like a great long-lasting method but the part I am confused about is when you glue on the weft on top of the thin natural hair over the weft just placed. Sherrie said it would be okay with a little glue on the top weft right? is that because the glue from the bottom weft will assist in holding the top weft as well?Sorry if I got it wrong or if I am asking 2 much  just confused. I searched for pictures of the application but I could not locate any so I also apoligize if this has already been answered. oOo also, how far up can you place the last 2 wefts and how close do you place them around the sides and still be undetectable? Does the part where you put 1/4 strand of glue and hair on the ends of the wefts make it less detectable? Thanx soo much for any help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 6:46pm
bump... please help sry if its a stupid question
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:06pm

Hi Alex!  your question is a little confusing.... just bond the weft to your head, and then add more glue to the top of the weft and bring down some of your natural hair on top of that to *sandwich* it.  Is that your question?  (You lost me w/ the bottom weft, top weft thing...)

For your sides, measure the weft up to your head first, then cut it and bond.  Make sure you leave enough hair up top in your horse shoe parting to cover over the wefts.  Hope this helps 

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:56pm

Alexia, I have some install pictures that might help out. Heres the picture of what I mean when I say to pull the strand of hair over the end (each side of weft) This is a little bigger than 1/4 inch but I wanted it to show for demonstration purposes.

The next picture is what it looks like after you glue down another thin layer of natural hair over the top of the weft. The reason I say you only need a little glue is because this layer of hair is thin so it dont take as much glue as what you use to bond the weft to your part (make sense?)

On the very top row I glue a little bit thicker layer of hair over the top weft to make it as undetetable as possible. As you can see I go pretty close to the crown. This is a picture of the top row from the back

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 6:38am

thanx soo much sherrie!! I appreciate you taking the time to post the pictures, etc. This tells me everything I wanted to know. Thanx again u 2!

MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 11:29am

oh that makes so much sense, i like that a lot. now, how do you do close to your face sherrie?

how long does that take, how long does that last, and what type of glue? 

Edited by MERGUTHRIE
i love plastikhaar
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 11:36pm
hey mer...I go about an inch and a half from my hairlines. Check out my RK install post, I think all the details are in that thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic