Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCARS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCARS
    Posted: July 15 2005 at 4:46pm
I have scares all over my cheeks forhead and chin there are from my acne I have no idea what to do I have a golden skin complexion and they are so noticable PLEASE HELP ME!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 6:51am
Did you go to your derm like you said before?
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 11:00am
yeah he said to use accutane but I didn't want to use it because of the symptoms. I didn't want to go crazy.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 11:57am
So you must still break out then.  Before you worry about the scars, you have to stop what's making them.  I never heard of accutane making you crazy, but it does have some side effects.  There are other threads about that though.  It is still the best thing out there for cystic acne I believe if that's the type you have.  If you don't want to go for that, try the AcneFree or Proactiv to get rid of the ones you have now, then see the dermatologist again about the scars. 

Did your dermatologist talk to you about methods for removing scars? They do a thing these days with a laser to remove scars (seen it done on plastic surgery tv shows, done by a dermatologist).  They have something called dermabrasion for removing them, and there's also something called a glycolic acid peel which helps too.  Of those procedures I only had the glycolic acid peel done (2 or 3 times) when I was still in my teens.  If your dermatologist didn't mention any of these other methods with you, you may want to get a second opinion with a doctor who will talk with you more about your options. 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 5:30pm
thanks susan W. my docter did talk about a glycolic acid peel I am going to make another appointment. Thank you for taking the time to write me.
rhedwat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhedwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 2:49pm

I tried CO2 laser for my acne scars but they didnt give me any noticeable improvement.  Just make sure you do your research before.  The recovery is horrible!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 6:43am
It looked like that one was pretty uncomfortable on the shows I saw - how long did it take to recover?  Did you have to wear bandages?  
rhedwat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhedwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 12:39pm
It took about 10 days.  No bandages (some docs chose to put bandages on) but there was a lot of oozing on my face.  I had to put a vasaline product all over my face.  It was not pleasant.  My face was really really red and really hot and oozing.  Its gross!
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 5:25am
Ive also had that done but i had a peal and laser, you can't go out for a few days. My face is looking better but after having it done 6 times my scars are no way near gone. With a few more treatments they could probarbly be made even better looking but I have already spent about 2800 dollars on my face now...
rhedwat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhedwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 1:04pm

what types of peels have you done?  tca?  glycolic?

im wanting to try some peels to help with my acne scars but im not sure which ones would work the best.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 1:28pm
I used epidermal regenesi and laser.
www.beautyprofession.se
But when i did this i didn't get major breakouts anymore, i was however left with many scars. I still get some (1-3 every month). If you are still having breakouts I would recommend seing a derm and having a few acne treatment facials to try and calm your skin down before having any peels. But thats just my opinion...   
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 6:48am
The peels I had done were glycolic.  I still broke out pretty bad at the time, so that was my reason for getting it done, not so much the scars.  And it helped some with that for a couple of weeks, but of course didn't cure it, so I would always have to go back to get another one done every couple of weeks to once a month (I forget).  So I switched my routine and don't get these done anymore.  I had a very red face for 2 or 3 days, but I could go out if I wanted.  I don't break out now as bad as I did then, so now I just do proactiv.

rhedwat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhedwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 10:13am
I have been using Proactiv for about a week and a half and i cant believe its working!  Im usually very skeptical with TV advertising but OMG this stuff really does work! 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 6:37am
Yeah, I was surprised too!  I've found that after a couple of weeks, your skin gets used to it, and it works less - but if you stick to washing your face with the sandy feeling cleanser for the full 2 minutes instead of shorting the time, it continues to work.

rhedwat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhedwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:05am
Oh i havent been using the cleanser for the 2 minutes...maybe i should start that.  I just dont want the 'sand' feeling things in the cleanser to do damage to my skin.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 8:14am
Its probably better that you didn't do the full 2 min. the first week, because it takes a week or two before your skin adjusts to the sandy stuff anyway, but later it makes a difference.  They sandy beads are designed to be round, so they shouldn't damage skin, but you do need that 1-2 week adjustment period.

rhedwat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhedwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 10:07am
Alrighty.  Thanks for the advice!
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:11pm
try proactiv
B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:12pm
that works i used it and i still use it it clears up your face and gives it that nice healthy look
B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.
rhedwat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhedwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 1:48pm

For the Ladies....when using the Proactiv face cleanser, do you use it all over your face, even your eyes?  If not, how do you get your eye makeup all the way off?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic