Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Glue or not to Glue???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Glue or not to Glue???
    Posted: July 20 2005 at 1:34pm

I am wearing shrinkies right now and I do really like them!!  I had my stylist put them in, but then had to go in myself and put about 100 more strands, so I do not have even rows or sections.  I feel that my hair gets realy piecey unless I brush it all the time.  I am wondering if I should try bonding wefts to my hair instead of doing strand by strand.  Any suggestions???

THanks

broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 1:51pm
if you blowout your hair with a round brush it makes a huge diff in the piecey ness . my mom blows her hair out every morning even if she doesn't wash it, and her's are never piecey
and god said let there be hair extensions.
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 3:27pm
i think blow drying is key, but i have no tolerance for it, but agree it is key. also, i am dying to try sherries sandwiching weft technique.
i love plastikhaar
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 3:34pm

Merguthrie, I also am intrigued by that technique, but am alittle nervouse about DIY, I suppose it can't be any harder than doing shrinkies DIY..

I wonder though, how lumpy your head would be if you put your hair into a pony tail??  I wear ponytails just about everyday, as I am an aerobics instructor, and can't imagine exercising with my hair down

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 4:04pm
I have glued in wefts right now using the LG glue. I really like to have shrinkies on the sides of my head and the bottom rows in the back and then glue in a few wefts on top. I can actually glue the wefts in pretty easy on myself but they only last about two weeks before I have to reglue. I tried the sandwich method but got glue everywhere!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 8:23pm
I am very eager to try out bonded wefts,but was worried about making a glue mess in my hair.I abandoned fusion because of that same reason.I just couldnt get the glue to go on the strands without getting all over.So you didnt like the sandwich technique Elvira?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 9:50pm
Pieceyness is a problem, to a certain extent, with most strand-by-strand methods, especially if your own hair is thin and/or short and you've got lots of extensions. The install makes a difference, though--to minimize pieceness, you want to do the smallest possible strands in the highest possible amount. So, say you have 125 medium-sized strands; you'll probably have more luck with 250 supersmall strands.

Blow-drying and styling does help to break up the pieceness, and the straighter the hair, usually the more noticeable the pieceness. So, if you can curl it a bit with an iron or rollers, it'll break up that "sparse," disconnected look considerably.

:)
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 10:57am
I used to bond wefts into my hair, but it was sooooooo bulky and it looked horrible when I put my hair into a ponytail.   Last night I actually had a nightmare that my wefts started coming unglued and falling out during a night out on the town.  Sad thing, this has actually happened before.  Now I stick to fusion.  Rather have pieceyness than bonds that come unexpectedly come loose in front of everyone.
boogiemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boogiemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 3:41pm
Bonded wefts are great but are not  long lasting.
If you want to avoid pieciness, use a densly bristled natural hair brush.
No balls on the ends of bristles, no hard plastic.
Anything else will not fluff the hair out as much.
isaac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 7:13pm
Also use a razor to cut the hair .

Its helps too.

Icyberparlor
Http://www.cyberparlor.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic